Albert or Archer... or something similar?

(13 Posts)
Izzyathome Tue 19-Jan-16 20:05:56

We are loving the A names! Which do you prefer of Archer and Albert?
Are there any similar names you prefer! Thanks!

applecatchers36 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:16:31

Prefer Albert to Archer ( sounds a bit faddy) ...what about Alfred or Arthur?

duBerry Tue 19-Jan-16 20:18:42

Archer can be Archie - I like Archie
Albert can be Albie/Bertie - not a fan

FarrowandBallAche Tue 19-Jan-16 20:19:36

Prefer Arthur.

Sunshine511 Tue 19-Jan-16 20:27:28

One issue I have with Bertie, is an issue I have with a number of names. It sounds great, but only if the 't' gets pronounced correctly. That's always a bit of an off put for me with the name Albert. Other than that, I do like the name Albert. I'm not a huge fan of Archer as I don't think it will date well. Arthur is similar and I think it will stand the test of time, so that gets my vote x

Missdusk Tue 19-Jan-16 21:01:11

We are planning on having an Albert NN Albie smile Ive been mulling it over for months, definitely seems to be up and coming in popularity again

iciclewinter Tue 19-Jan-16 21:07:54

I prefer Albert.

I don't like many of the names ending in "er", or surnames as first names, and am not keen on Archer.

DontKillMyVibe Tue 19-Jan-16 22:16:23

Arthur with a nn Art if you want a nn

Sophronia Tue 19-Jan-16 22:55:00

I definitely prefer Albert. Arthur is nice too, but not Archer.

Izzyathome Wed 20-Jan-16 05:11:43

I should have said that we can't use Arthur as our baby will have a cousin with that name. Another cousin is called Freddie, which may rule out Alfred - but I do like it, so maybe we could use Al /Alf/ Alfie as a nn instead? Archer seems quite cool and Victorian to me but not getting much love on here so maybe not. Archie seems like an ok nn, although a bit over-popular.

BettyBi0 Sat 23-Jan-16 23:28:26

What about Atticus?

whatstheplanphil Sat 23-Jan-16 23:36:16

I have an Albert, he's lovely, so chose Albert !!

Poppins27 Sun 24-Jan-16 09:19:49

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and our front runner so far is Albert too. Albert Harry...so that wins my vote. Although my colleague has a 4 month old Archie and he's the happiest little baby I've ever met which makes me smile too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now