Are these initials problematic or am I over thinking it

(15 Posts)
littlealien01 Sat 16-Jan-16 12:39:45

Our preferred name for a girl would currently give the initials JIHS

Is this Ok? Or can anyone spot my concerns?

I love the names and we don't agree on anything else but don't want to condemn a child to future teasing!

MimsyBorogroves Sat 16-Jan-16 12:41:33

I can see what you're thinking, but only because I REALLY considered what your problem might be. And I have that sort of mind.

Honestly, I can't see an issue.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 16-Jan-16 12:41:50

After much thought I can see what you are talking about.

I really don't think it's obvious enough to be a problem though.

I would never have spotted it if you didn't point it out.

YouAreMyRain Sat 16-Jan-16 12:42:17

Yes, of course there's a problem. She could be mistaken for the Journal of Integrated Health Sciences
http://www.jihs.in/

SoWhite Sat 16-Jan-16 12:42:47

I can't spot it! What's the problem?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 16-Jan-16 12:43:16

I have no idea what your concern is! If ive missed what it is, I'm sure others will as well.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 16-Jan-16 12:45:21

If the worst is journal if integrated health service- I really don't think its a problem. If you think it is, just reverse the Middle name order.

YouAreMyRain Sat 16-Jan-16 12:46:09

I think it's because if you try to read it as a word it sounds like "jiz", as in "jism", as in slang for sperm

whatdoIget Sat 16-Jan-16 12:46:47

Is it jizz? If so that's what I thought when I first read it. Only because I knew there might be something like that though

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 16-Jan-16 12:55:25

I have no idea what the problem could be! smile

AnnaMarlowe Sat 16-Jan-16 13:20:52

I think you are worrying needlessly, she'll mostly be known as JS anyway.

LentilStew Sat 16-Jan-16 13:26:14

Yes you're overthinking it. I only noticed because I was looking for the problem.
It's hardly like it spells, cunt or anything obvious.

littlealien01 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:51:12

Thanks all that's reassuring, my concern is jizz plus the fact that Google suggests jhs can also be an unfortunate teenage chat speak acronym (although I've yet to find anyone aware of this in real life)

Hopefully if baby is a girl she wont hate us for it in later life!

Xmasbaby11 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:52:36

Seems fine - has no meaning to me!

lilygirl81 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:58:50

If it helps, my old initials were innocent in themselves, but if read in a certain way sounded like a short version of female genitalia. I only realised this as an adult when well in my 20's and some lovely work colleagues pointed it out and found it amusing. I made it all the way through school without a bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now