Middle name order..

(7 Posts)
Georgeofthejungle Fri 15-Jan-16 22:34:29

So DH and I think we may have settled on some names for our LO due in Feb. We have a boys name and a girls as we don't know which baby is yet. Question is on the order of the middle names. Each have a meaning to us so would like each to have 2 but wondering what order is best, or is it even important?! Our last name begins with a P.

Boys - Archie Allan James

Girls - Abigail Gillian Alison

Ideally would like to avoid funny word spellings but conscious of the repetition of A too... Does is matter?

Georgeofthejungle Fri 15-Jan-16 22:35:38

By word spellings I mean with the initials smile like Jap and Gap but then there is the AA issue..

SoWhite Sat 16-Jan-16 14:21:53

AAJP
AJAP
AGAP
AAGP

AAJP and AAGP work better - no spellings.

SoWhite Sat 16-Jan-16 14:24:45

But it doesn't actually matter than much.

Georgeofthejungle Wed 20-Jan-16 20:57:29

Thanks sowhite.

I do like Archie Allan James but not sure Abi Alison works too well so might have to just not care about the AGAP spelling.

Your right though - in the scheme of things it's probably very unimportant! smile

tuilamum Thu 21-Jan-16 11:18:11

Bear in mind that they can put their name however they like. Imagine it on CEO office door
Boy could be
Archie P_
Archie AJ P_
A P_
AA P_
AJ P_
AAJ P_
Archie Allan P_
Archie James P_
Archie Allan James P_

Girl could be
Abigail P_
Abigail GA P_
A P_
AG P_
AA P_
AGA P_
Abigail G P_
Abigail A P_
Abigail Gillian P_
Abigail Allison P_
Abigail Gillian Allison P_

Basically my point is that initials don't matter all that much because they can choose to use them as they see fit so don't worry about it! As long as you like it when you say the whole name out loud then go for it

Georgeofthejungle Thu 21-Jan-16 20:50:16

Thanks tulia . I think we are just gonna go for what we fancy and not worry about the spellings. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board and it's taken us ages to get here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now