Son was born this morning, does he look like an Elliott?

(69 Posts)
DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:15:55

So, I've been hovering around in this thread for a while now and thought I'd ask for baby name advice, but then I saw a couple of people ask what their child looks like and so I figured I would wait until he is here! Yesterday, me and DH had finally agreed on Elliott Finn smile he arrived this morning (he was almost 9 lbs!!! He's a big, healthy boy) and we announced the name (we didn't want to until he was here)... I'm not even joking, our whole family responded with "oh, I would never fit that name with him!" (Something along those lines) DH is now completely against the name sad I still love it, but if it really doesn't suit him, I suppose we need to look at other possibilities. What do you think? Honest opinions please xxx

He looks like whatever you want to call him, he'll grow into his name. He's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations OP thanks

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 30-Dec-15 13:19:36

Congratulations.

It's only because they aren't used to it. It'll soon become his name with a bit of practice.

HanSolo Wed 30-Dec-15 13:19:47

I like the name Elliot. I don't see why he doesn't look like an Elliot.

He's gorgeous, many congratulations! thanks such a lot of hair.

One 't' or two? That's the question!

DeepFriedCamembert Wed 30-Dec-15 13:20:43

A lovely name for a very lovely little man. Keep the name and congratulations on your gorgeous new arrival.

Palomb Wed 30-Dec-15 13:21:02

How rude of them! Elliot is a lovely name and I think it really suits him! He is gorgeous ❤️ Congratulations 😀

DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:21:39

Thanks so much, yes, he has a lot of hair!!
We were thinking 2 't's because of Finn (in the middle) we thought it looked nice as Elliott Finn smile

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Wed 30-Dec-15 13:22:31

Yeah I think he does! Congratulations

MrsBalustradeLanyard Wed 30-Dec-15 13:23:25

Oh he is extra gorgeous!! And so is his name. smile

Welcome, little Elliott.

vestandknickers Wed 30-Dec-15 13:23:39

He's beautiful. He can be anything you want him to be and Elliot is a beautiful name. Congratulations.

DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:25:39

Thank you smile now I'm slightly worried! Most of you have written it with 1 t confused will he get that his whole life?

Muskey Wed 30-Dec-15 13:26:09

Elliot is a good strong name and very difficult to shorten. If you and dh like it then it is perfect.

Congratulations

Foodefafa Wed 30-Dec-15 13:27:24

Lovely baby, congratulations flowers

Love Elliot but think the extra 't' is completely redundant and will give him nothing but trouble as he grows up. Elliot Finn is much much nicer than Elliott Finn.

DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:29:33

Honestly, if we were to go with 1 t, he would have John as a middle name (only because we really liked the way the double letters looked) but John would be after my grandad (his great-grandad) who is the only person who hasn't been honered in a name!! So, Elliott Finn, or Elliot John?

originalusernamefail Wed 30-Dec-15 13:30:46

I think ALL babies (boys and girls) look like adorable little old men! They grow into the name you give them and after a while you can't imagine them as anything else. Elliot is a lovely name (I am biased).

franke Wed 30-Dec-15 13:31:44

What a lovely little baby and I think the name works really well. One t or two - dunno grin

Congratulations!

JustABigBearAlan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:33:42

Oh, he's gorgeous. He looks too perfect to be a newborn! If that makes sense, I mean lots of newborns are still a bit red and squashed looking. He looks just perfect.

I like the name Elliott and don't see why people don't think it suits him. Having written it, I think I prefer it with only one t, though.

It's all personal choice though, and he's your baby, call him what you want!

I can understand people maybe commenting on a really unusual name choice, but Elliot is a perfectly normal, nice name. Ignore everyone and do what you think is best. Probably not a bad mantra for other 'helpful' advice you'll be given as a parent either smile

JustABigBearAlan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:35:04

Oh, and John as a middle name after your Grandad is lovely.

SirChenjin Wed 30-Dec-15 13:36:50

Elliot's a lovely name and he is gorgeous - he'll suit any name you give him smile Many congratulations to you all flowers

DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 13:38:05

Thanks so much, I think he's perfect too (but I would say that!!) yeah, I would love to use John, otherwise I feel like his name will just get lost in generations and will become unusable as an honour, if that makes any sense... It's also nice because he was born on the date that my grandad died smile so I think it would be really nice

Whatsername24 Wed 30-Dec-15 13:39:47

Oh he is absolutely gorgeous - many congratulations!! flowers

I love the names you've chosen, and I think Elliot John edges it for me simply because it's a lovely gesture to honour your grandfather. Either way, the name suits him!

dingit Wed 30-Dec-15 13:44:06

Lovey boy, lovely name x

TaliZorah Wed 30-Dec-15 13:51:51

Elliot John is lovely! my DS has a name similar to one of those.

His hair is beautiful

DannieDanDan Wed 30-Dec-15 14:16:10

Thank you everyone, he's our first and it means a lot - I will let you know when we are 100% xx

LadyintheRadiator Wed 30-Dec-15 14:19:11

Congratulations, he's gorgeous smile I have an Elliot so thumbs up from me. Elliot John is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now