Need name inspiration

(7 Posts)
Moodyblue1 Sat 12-Sep-15 13:46:10

We are due our 2nd baby in a months time and we cannot decide on names at all, we have a rough list but I don't really love anything in it.

DH loves nickname type names and his favourites are Alfie & Libby. He also likes Jessica but would call her Jess, he likes Lizzie but not Elizabeth.

I can't really think of any girls names I love, there have been some I've loved previously but as we are getting closer I've gone off them a bit. I adore Elliot for a boy but DH really isn't keen.

These are the names that have been on and off the list

Lily
Chloe
Ella
Olivia
Libby
Jessica
Eloise

Zachary
Alfie
Freddie
Dexter

Can anyone make any suggestions of things we may like?

triathlon Sat 12-Sep-15 15:08:57

Anna (Annie)
Katherine (Katie)
Seren
Lucy
Darcy
Laura
Ruby

Ethan
Harvey
Samuel (Sam)
Alexander (Alex)
Daniel (Dan/Danny)
Oliver (Olly)
Peter

Moodyblue1 Sat 12-Sep-15 15:32:36

Thanks Triathlon

We actually liked Annabel but removed from our list as I have an auntie Anna who I really dislike so we don't want it shortened to Anna. Annie is nice though.

We already have 2 Catherine's in the family with our surname so that's a no go, my mums Laura which is on our middle name list. I love Ruby but it's a cockney rhyme with our surname, and we like Lucy and Ollie but have them in the family already. My DS's middle name is Alexander so lots of your suggestions we like but can't use.

I will mention the others on your list to DH, I think Darcy, Samuel and Daniel will go down well with him

YokoUhOh Sat 12-Sep-15 15:35:43

DS is Alfred nn Fred or Freddie, would that appeal?

Moodyblue1 Sat 12-Sep-15 17:36:28

Alfred is an option, DH really likes Freddie. It's weird as before I was pregnant I could list loads of names I love but now I'm struggling it feels like so much pressure naming another person!

YokoUhOh Sat 12-Sep-15 18:26:10

Albert/Bertie?

Bellejournee Sat 12-Sep-15 18:53:54

Finley/Finn /Fynn
Charlotte /Lottie
Elodie/deedee
Nathaniel/Nate
Theodore/Teddy
Wilfred/Wilf
Sophia/Fifi
Imogen/immy
Elias/Eli

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now