honest feedback on my girls names

(34 Posts)
feebbzzz Wed 05-Aug-15 11:44:45

Hi ��

Im looking for some honest feedback on my list of girls names. We live in Glasgow, and find some names sound strange in the Scottish accent!

Our names are:

Daisy
Violet
Juliette
Penny

I like pretty but not too popular... Am also open to suggestions ��

sweetpeame Wed 05-Aug-15 11:57:27

I like Daisy and Juliet (that spelling) best. Daisy is pretty popular I think. I only mention it because you said you didn't want popular. Violet is ok, not really a fan of Penny. Not sure what any of these would sound like in a Scottish accent!

reuset Wed 05-Aug-15 12:15:52

Juliet, that spelling though, but is your choice.

CarrotVan Wed 05-Aug-15 12:15:55

If you like Daisy you could use it as a nickname for Margaret (Daisy translates as Marguerite) which would be perfectly sensible in Scotland and gives her options for other nicknames growing up

CherryBonBon Wed 05-Aug-15 12:17:07

Adore Violet.

Daisy and Juliette are pretty.

Dislike Penny.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 12:17:43

I love Daisy and Juliette

Not keen on Violet, Penny is ok.

pinktrufflechoc Wed 05-Aug-15 12:17:53

Not keen on Margaret - don't understand the non-Daisy love on here! Perfectly nice name! I prefer violet though.

ralphlauren Wed 05-Aug-15 12:20:07

Daisy is the only one I like on your list. It's beautiful.

SaulGood Wed 05-Aug-15 12:20:10

All fine, no obvious problems. Juliet spelling though.

Josephine?

feebbzzz Wed 05-Aug-15 13:25:46

Ah should probably have said that middle name would most likely be Margaret as that is both our grandmothers names!

CarrotVan Wed 05-Aug-15 13:30:15

I wouldn't go with Daisy Margaret. Of those in the OP Violet goes best with Margaret I think. Juliet(te) is too long and Penny too informal

AlisonBlunderland Wed 05-Aug-15 13:33:34

With that weird juxtoposition of threads that MN is famous for.....

honest feedback on my girls names

Folllowed by

Dordogne

now I'm thining that Dordogne would make a lovely girl's name

TheWernethWife Wed 05-Aug-15 13:33:55

Love Violet and also Iris as well.

CarrotVan Wed 05-Aug-15 13:37:15

Iris Margaret would be lovely

TempsPerdu Wed 05-Aug-15 13:37:39

Really like Juliet, although I much prefer this spelling. Violet's quite nice too, but I prefer it as a middle name for some reason. Not keen on Daisy or Penny - both seem a bit twee to me.

BeaufortBelle Wed 05-Aug-15 13:40:53

Not Daisy Margaret although Daisy is lively. I like Violet and Juliet very much. I like Penny too but would use the full name: Penelope.

misscupcakes Wed 05-Aug-15 13:45:21

I like Violet and Juliette, but I think both followed by Margaret don't sound great because of the repeated 'ette' sound. Maybe something like Viola or Julia?

Daisy sounds like the name of a pet or a cow to me (sorry!).

Penny reminds me of 'spending a penny' blush.

getbusyliving Wed 05-Aug-15 13:50:12

Violet and Penny /Penelope are on the rise so there is a chance they could become very popular. Daisy is already popular and I much prefer Julia to Juliet
All pretty names though imp

peggyundercrackers Wed 05-Aug-15 13:50:44

Juliet looks like you have missed a space between Julie and t, spell it the correct way if your going to use it.

out all the names I like daisy and penny. no one will use your DDs middle name so I wouldn't worry about them going.

feebbzzz Wed 05-Aug-15 13:53:52

Iris is gorgeous, its a name i hadnt even thought of!

Margaret isn't the final decision for middle name, just thought it would be a nice nod to both great grannies!

I agree with the 'et' sound being too similar, are there any suggestions on any middle names which would suit?

Janeymoo50 Wed 05-Aug-15 13:56:44

Love Violet, so feminine and really quite trendy now. Penny, not a fan (although love Penelope), Daisy - mmmm, bit overdone but nice name. Juliette, not really sure tbh. I think Violet Margaret is lovely, a real properly nice name for a little lady.

feebbzzz Wed 05-Aug-15 15:55:56

i agree, Violet Margaret is lovely smile lets hope DP is on board... he really loves Ruby and Alice but im just not so sure...

CarrotVan Wed 05-Aug-15 16:01:13

Alice Margaret is nice. Not convinced by Ruby Margaret

Pigzoom Wed 05-Aug-15 16:03:01

Love Juliet !!

HelsBels3000 Wed 05-Aug-15 16:05:41

My friend has Juliette in mind for her baby - planning to shorten to Letty I believe. I like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now