first boy in the family for 25 years, need help with a name?

(17 Posts)
squaredcircle Fri 03-Jul-15 16:39:23

My girlfriend and I are expecting our first child, a little boy.I was the last boy born in my side of the family! We like the name Michael, which was my grandfather's name so we're using that as a middle name. We have names on a list but are open to any suggestions (we like modern and traditional names)

We like

Cameron Michael
Riley Michael
Owen Michael
Connor Michael
Ruben Michael

Which do you think is the best?

IrritatedPartyOf1 Fri 03-Jul-15 17:00:49

I like Cameron.
Connor is the surname spelling, Conor is the first name.

florascotia Fri 03-Jul-15 18:18:03

I like Owen best from your list. Michael is a good, classic name and it's great to have a link with a grandfather.

'Ruben' is usally spelled Reuben. Not keen on surnames as first names, unless there is a close family connection, I'm afraid, so would not choose Connor (as mentioned by poster above) or Cameron or Riley.

Stoppissingonthefloor Fri 03-Jul-15 18:42:38

Congratulations!
I like all the names on your list apart from Riley. Nothing wrong with it though, just maybe think you could choose something uber manly for your little boy to celebrate him being the first boy?
Fav is Cameron from your list
All the best!

barbecue Fri 03-Jul-15 18:42:50

I like Reuben Michael and Owen Michael.

Oliver Michael
Peter Michael
Elliot Michael
Dylan Michael
Zachary Michael
Lawrence Michael
Alexander Michael

batfish Fri 03-Jul-15 19:02:56

I like Riley and Reuben - with Owen I would be worried that people would think I was naming after Michael Owen! That's just me though smile

ScrambledEggAndToast Fri 03-Jul-15 19:02:59

My favourites are Toby, Jamie and Nathan. Of your names I like Michael the best.

susurration Fri 03-Jul-15 19:49:55

Owen Michael- Michael Owen? I wouldn't personally.

I like Reuben Michael and Cameron Michael. Other options could be Rupert Michael, Elliot Michael, Flynn Michael.

Zakken Fri 03-Jul-15 19:52:32

I like Michael more than any of your first name choices.

dementedma Fri 03-Jul-15 19:55:38

Reuben Michael

CarriMarie Sat 04-Jul-15 16:26:03

Cameron Michael.

MamaLazarou Sat 04-Jul-15 17:03:34

Cameron? Seriously? In 2015? Unless you are a true blue Tory, I'd steer clear.

How about Alexander?

Theoldshmoo Sat 04-Jul-15 17:09:39

Riley or Reuben Michael

Zakken Sat 04-Jul-15 17:09:57

The name Cameron doesn't conjure up the current PM to me at all. Guess I have so many other associations for it.

Billynoname Sat 04-Jul-15 19:35:13

You can't have Owen Michael!!!! You wouldn't have Gerrard Steven would you!?

Reuben Michael is lovely.

Prepare for him to be spoiled! We had the same but in reverse when my daughter was born. Overloaded with pink and she's a massive tomboy!!

barbecue Sat 04-Jul-15 21:36:52

What's wrong with Owen Michael, and who is Gerrard Steven? confused

squaredcircle Sun 05-Jul-15 02:30:48

He will be a spoiled boy haha! Definitely a boy too, we had a 4D scan and saw smile Decided on Alexander Michael.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now