Nameberry List of top 100 boys and girls so far this year....

(5 Posts)
WankerDeAsalWipe Wed 24-Jun-15 16:19:52

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/24/baby-names-ideas-trends-2015_n_7651552.html?ncid=webmail13

Not quite sure what this list is to be honest as none of the regulars are in it, I think it may be more of an extract of the more unusual or biggest risers instead.

Might be some inspiration for some or allow others to see what's "on trend" that they eithr want to get on board with or avoid smile

Zakken Wed 24-Jun-15 16:35:52

I can't see that it means anything. Just because someone looks up a name, it doesn't mean that they are planning to name a child, or even that they like the name. I often look up names out of curiosity.

WankerDeAsalWipe Wed 24-Jun-15 16:39:44

Ah yes, I should read it properly first eh?!

Well, it may prove useful to someone - it just popped up on my news feed. smile

Lunastarfish Wed 24-Jun-15 19:45:28

Isn't it an American site- that might explain the popular names missing?

RedToothBrush Wed 24-Jun-15 22:17:43

Its an American site however it has a substantial British following so reflects tastes for both to an extent. It does blog posts that relate to both sides of the pond.

The list is based on what names are getting the most attention on their website. If you were considering the name Oliver would you look it up on a website? If you were looking for something unusual would you endlessly hunt and wade through pages and pages of names in the search for the 'perfect' one? Baby name websites are therefore going to self select a certain type of person anyway.

All it needs is an odd name in popular culture to trigger something in the minds of a few people to get a trend in searches. That doesn't mean they would name their child Oliver in the end.

It just needs a celebrity or a character in a film. Hence Pax being on the list is really unsurprising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now