Middle name for Jacoba?

(16 Posts)
Esmesgirls Sat 20-Jun-15 23:04:47

My husband and I were lucky enough to have our third beautiful daughter on Thursday! We already have Fenella Astrid (16) and Ingrid Eleanor (3) and have decided on Jacoba for our (likely last!) little one, after both of our fathers who sadly died before meeting her, and we love the name! However, we can't find a middle name we like, and wonder if we should choose a name with a Sweedish theme, as Astrid and Ingrid have both.
All suggestions are welcome! We had no idea it was possible to even have Fenella, and Ingrid was a surprise thirteen years later- four months pregnant and finding out another was coming meant names haven't been my priority!

WaferInMyCoffee Sat 20-Jun-15 23:07:20

How do you pronounce Jacoba?

thatstoast Sat 20-Jun-15 23:08:35

yah-ko-ba?

What about Bridget?

Esmesgirls Sat 20-Jun-15 23:10:21

We pronounce it Ja-ko-ba, all short vowels smile

Sophronia Sat 20-Jun-15 23:32:00

Congratulations!

Some Swedish mn suggestions...

Jacoba Malin
Jacoba Solveig
Jacoba Dagny
Jacoba Liv
Jacoba Britt
Jacoba Signy
Jacoba Dagmar
Jacoba Marit
Jacoba Sylvi

VixxFace Sat 20-Jun-15 23:33:04

Jacoba would be better as the middle name.

SunshineAndShadows Sat 20-Jun-15 23:37:01

In my head I was initially pronouncing it Ja KO ba which I don't like but Ja co ba all with short syllables is much nicer

Jacoba Siri
Jacoba Astrid
Jacoba Merete
Jacoba Greta

getbusyliving Sat 20-Jun-15 23:37:10

OP confused me, is baby here or are you four months pregnant? Anyway how about Anika as a mn or too similar to Astrid?

Esmesgirls Sat 20-Jun-15 23:41:52

I'm currently typing this while DH changes her, getbusyliving! We found out I was four months pregnant with no idea beforehand! Anika, Briget and Sylvi are all lovely choices- thank you so much!

DoItTooJulia Sat 20-Jun-15 23:44:03

I like the sound of Jacoba Lileth.

Congratulations flowers and your children have beautiful names!

getbusyliving Sat 20-Jun-15 23:46:03

Congratulations! I'm pretty easy to confuse wink

ravenAK Sat 20-Jun-15 23:46:42

No idea about a middle name, but Jacoba is gorgeous. Sylvi sounds lovely with it actually. Congratulations smile.

SunshineAndShadows Sat 20-Jun-15 23:47:23

Jacoba Elin

Esmesgirls Sun 21-Jun-15 00:04:19

These are all lovely! DH and I will make a decision and I'll try to come back and tell you our choice at some point next week, although I'll have my hands full with two little ones!

Canyouforgiveher Sun 21-Jun-15 00:07:04

I love Bridget. You could also use Caroline or Charlotte and complete the Jacobean theme!

Esmesgirls Fri 26-Jun-15 10:30:28

We've decided! She's now Jacoba Kerstin XXXXXXX and suits it! Thank you so much to everyone who offered suggestions for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now