book or film name

(26 Posts)
themumfairy Thu 11-Jun-15 10:28:26

what would your children be called if you named them after your favourite book or film character?

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 11-Jun-15 11:44:41

Norman Bates.

WomanScorned Thu 11-Jun-15 11:46:16

Rhett Butler

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 11-Jun-15 11:54:39

Ross (Poldark)
Scout ( Finch)

AoifeBell Thu 11-Jun-15 12:18:46

Alabama or Clarence if a boy.

I would so love to use Alabama!

Minion Thu 11-Jun-15 12:26:34

Perdita and Gwyn from the books and rose/Sadie and hakeem from the movies.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Thu 11-Jun-15 12:30:37

Currently if born right now, DD would be Demelza Poldark, or possibly her daugher Clowance.

longlistofexlovers Thu 11-Jun-15 12:33:08

Esther Greenwood. Hate the name sadly.

firesidechat Thu 11-Jun-15 12:35:55

Leonie from These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer. I wouldn't actually do it because I'm not sure if I like it as a name, but I love the character.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 11-Jun-15 12:53:04

My dd is called Molly after Molly in the film ghost. Funny thing is I didn't even particularly like the film

Akash was a male character in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles . I don't much like this name, but if I were to change it to Akasha, the female version, it would be much better. I'm actually not sire how to pronounce it, though another way I would spell it is Acacia, which is a flower.

I understand that Amidala is a female character in Star Wars, which I am not a big fan of. I do love the name, however.

Evanna is the name of a Harry Potter actress who pronounces her name ee-vah-na.

I guess I'm not much into the boy names in movies, though my first child, I would prefer him to be a boy.

CheerfulYank Sun 14-Jun-15 05:34:45

Hermione
Anne (Shirley)
Almanzo
John (Thornton)

LadyGlen Sun 14-Jun-15 11:38:38

DD1 is Elizabeth after Elizabeth Bennet and DD2 is named for Eleanor Bold (and also Eleanor Marx). I read P&P, The Warden and Yvonne Kapp's biography in my late teens/early 20s and fell in love with those characters - obviously Marx was real not fictional - hence the names. If I'd had a third girl she would probably have been Katherine from a novel by Eleanor Fairburn that I also read and loved as a teenager - not quite as literary as the others.

DS3's middle name is Ross (Poldark).

iklboo Sun 14-Jun-15 11:43:32

Angel (Islington) from Neverwhere. Pretty unisex!

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sun 14-Jun-15 12:13:31

Elena (kelley Armstrong otherworld series)

Drop dead Fred - my favourite film ever! makes me smile and laugh even on a very rubbish day but not a great name for a child grin

Quasilulu Sun 28-Jun-15 01:31:59

Books... Oscar (Tin Drum) and Fevvers (Nights at the Circus)
Films... Edward (Scissorhands) and Lydia (Fisher King)

RosieProbert Sun 28-Jun-15 07:46:09

I did. Dd is called Scarlett. grin

susurration Sun 28-Jun-15 22:25:31

We'd have an Isolde, Hermione or Katniss for a girl and a Rupert (Grint) or Tristan.

buttonmoonboots Mon 29-Jun-15 07:24:40

Veronica Mars.

BikeRunSki Mon 29-Jun-15 07:33:37

I am named after both my parents's favourite literary character. They discovered this coincidence on their first date, and decided ifvtgeybevervhsdvsvgitlnthstbyhry'd call me Alice.

FishCanFly Mon 29-Jun-15 08:30:48

Clay (Morrow)
Katniss (Everdeen)
Adrian (Mole) -- actually been really concidering this one for DS3

BestIsWest Mon 29-Jun-15 08:43:59

Francie (A Tree Grows In Brooklyn) for a girl or George (Bailey, It's A Wonderful Life) for a boy.

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Mon 29-Jun-15 10:26:19

I'm named Anna after the character in the Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing.

Frusso Mon 29-Jun-15 10:33:21

I'm named after a character in a book.
Dd is named after a main character in a Disney film, ds's name was from a popular book/film at the time (not the main character)

froggyjump Mon 29-Jun-15 22:42:16

I love the name Verity from Poldark, and Jennet from the Woman in Black (but probably wouldn't use that one as she was a mad ghost who killed children.....)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now