Opinions on the names Albie or Jett?

(23 Posts)
Bleuralphy Thu 10-Jul-14 13:36:14

Hi all I'm pregnant with 3rd babysmile not sure on sex yet! So have a few names in mind.. What do you think of Albie or Jett for Boy?? Thanks

Sophronia Thu 10-Jul-14 14:24:51

I like Albie but only as a nickname for Albert. Not keen on Jett - I think Katie Price used it and that kind of ruined it for me.

shai2 Thu 10-Jul-14 14:25:39

Katie Price is what comes to mind. I like Albie actually.

Bleuralphy Thu 10-Jul-14 14:26:44

Ok so I just found out Katie price used the name Jett for her son and this has put me off this name so think it's only opinions on the name Albie now, well until I come up with more anyhow.

MamaLazarou Thu 10-Jul-14 16:10:20

Not keen on nicknames-as-names myself but Albert would be cute shortened to Albie.

aturtlenamedmack Thu 10-Jul-14 16:12:19

The name would have to be Albert I think.
Albie and Bertie are both cute nicknames.

Misspilly88 Thu 10-Jul-14 16:23:07

Love Albie, but I would name him Albert officially for job applications etc....Albie is a bit 'cutsie' for a fully grown man.

kimlo Thu 10-Jul-14 16:24:44

I like albie if its short for Albert. Dont like jett at all though.

kimlo Thu 10-Jul-14 16:24:53

I like albie if its short for Albert. Dont like jett at all though.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 10-Jul-14 16:30:33

Albie sounds cute for a baby or toddler, trying to picture a lanky 13 year old.

Going by your earlier choice Jett I was wondering about names like Griff, Axel, Kit?

florascotia Thu 10-Jul-14 17:03:47

As others have said, Albie would be fine for everyday use, with Albert on BC. Then he can choose as he grow up.

Since you have said you are no longer so keen on Jett, I will be blunt and say that I don't like at all. It's an engine. Or a gang from West Side Story. Or a black shiny stone. The two 't's don't make it any better.

Love Albie - I would also go Albert then he can choose other nicknames/have a 'justforbest' version of his name

Jett is quite a cool name but I think it's going to be deemed 'common' now instead of alternative because of Katie price.

ButterflyOfFreedom Thu 10-Jul-14 17:48:18

Yes Albie as a nickname for Albert is ok.
Not heard of it as a name in its own right though.

Iownafourinchporsche Thu 10-Jul-14 18:20:09

There's also Joel or Jed

SaVred Thu 10-Jul-14 18:22:31

Jed is better I agree.

Short for Jarod I think which is an anglicisation of gearoid! (gareth) but don't let that put you off.

twinjocks Thu 10-Jul-14 18:32:45

DS12 is Jed - excellent name!!! I'm not keen on Albie, don't know why, just something about the sound of it.

Deverethemuzzler Thu 10-Jul-14 18:41:44

Both nice.

I don't understand the need to use the 'full' version of the name on the BC and then go to the bother of using the shortened version in real life.

What a faff!

Albie is a lovely name on its own. I only know one and I think he is adorable.

Jett is great. Not everyone will like it as its a particular sort of name.

If its not the type of name you usually go for it might be pregnancy hormones at work :D

I didn't know KP's DC is called Jett and I am fairly aware of slebs. I don't think the fact that one person out of several billion has used it for their child should put you off.

Gingerjv Thu 10-Jul-14 19:27:05

Both names sound like a shortened version. I like Albie more than Jett, but do not like both names in whole(

Heels99 Thu 10-Jul-14 19:31:47

I thought they were girls nams sorry

ImNotCrazy Thu 10-Jul-14 19:53:17

I have boy called Jett, 2 years older than KP's little boy and I love it, it really suits him. It is a love or hate name though but most people compliment it. Katie Price is a bit irrelevent because her Jett doesn't get as much press and isn't as well known as her older children so no one makes that connection.

I think Albie is lovely though, either as it is or with Albert as the full name smile

RabbitSaysWoof Thu 10-Jul-14 22:46:14

I love Jett.

RiverTam Thu 10-Jul-14 22:50:27

Albie is nice, and just call him that if that's what you want - don't see the point in naming a child X if you fully intend never to call him that.

Didn't know about KP but Jett is just all kinds of wrong.

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 10-Jul-14 23:07:50

Albie is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now