If you asked for baby names opinions here, please come back and tell us what you went with..,

(40 Posts)

I love offering name suggestions and I am resigned to no more DC for me so I live vicariously through other peoples name choices.
I do often wonder what happens after a thread finishes.
So.., if you feel able to, without outing yourself, please can you tell me what you were undecided on and what you eventually went with?

MultipleMama Fri 18-Jul-14 21:46:07

babyfedleaning I adore Ambrose!

MultipleMama Fri 18-Jul-14 21:43:38

I was on here for my b/g twins.

We went from debating Russian/German names like Isaak, Aleksandr, Svetlana, Elizaveta and then I wanted to name my twin boy Jupiter, there's a thread somewhere, and wanted a Space name to match for my twin girl; Lyra came pretty close. When they were born and first sae how precious they were, we named them Apollo and Artemis.

Now I'm pregnant again and the naming obssession begins again, although we have decided on Ilya (eel-YAH) for a boy and Ludmila (Lood-ME-lah) for a girl.

TheBook Congratulations! Joshua is a gorgeous and classic name. One day old! My DD is one next month, goes so fast. Those first few weeks with your little one are so precious.

commsgirl Thu 17-Jul-14 09:47:54

We were set on a first name from the start but I posted a couple of times asking for middle name suggestions.

Clara Isabelle is now three months old smile.

TheBookofRuth Thu 17-Jul-14 00:59:36

I had a thread recently about potential boys names for the baby I was expecting at the end of July.

We went with Joshua over Samuel in the end (his big sister got the deciding vote), and he's currently asleep on my shoulder, less than a day old.

Good luck Jazzy

burgatroyd Sun 29-Jun-14 07:57:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jazzyjenbo Sat 28-Jun-14 23:16:31

I asked for a name in january to match with my ds and dd's names... I had thought of a boys name but wanted a girls name and could only think of isla but i wanted a biblical name to match my dc's names....i got lots of names on my shirtlist but unfortunately never got the chance to decide as i had a mmc but all the names are banked and the thread saved for when #3 does come... Busy ttc again x

SaltyGoodness Sat 28-Jun-14 18:22:17

I came on here for support when DH wouldn't discuss names and we were 32 weeks pg... Got really helpful advice on my thread that helped me see why he was being that way. 'Twas brilliant.

Then I had a thread asking about shortlisted names :
Sophie
Fiona
Tess
.... Really enjoyed getting different views.

Finally I started another thread asking if Sophie was overused as a name.

Yup.

We went with Sophie grin

babyfedleaning Thu 26-Jun-14 21:19:05

I loved Milton but it was shot down in a million little pieces on here. So then we came up with Ambrose, Innes or Aubrey. He is Ambrose Innes Luxton (family name -was also on the Milton thread, 6 months old.

neilsharvest Thu 26-Jun-14 20:58:04

Had a ruraidh rory thread. Went with ruraidh and love it.

Fenouille Sat 21-Jun-14 11:20:55

DH insisted on a dreadful name for DC1 (failed all of Alpaca's - it was her wasn't it ?? - naming rules). So for DS I had a real dilemma as all the names I liked were just far too ordinary to go with DC1 name. I toyed with Abel, Inigo and Arlo and plumped for Arlo in the end. Love it. DH didn't get much of a say after the DC1 debacle but he loves it too.

Rtfairy Sat 21-Jun-14 10:20:13

Short list was Daisy, Rosie, Matilda. Went with Daisy.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 21-Jun-14 00:03:11

Short list was Megan, Cerys, Seren or Saskia. Went with Cerys

JadziaSnax Thu 19-Jun-14 22:34:02

My short list for DD consisted of Sophie, Freya, Eleanor, Eloise or Niamh. We chose Sophie Freya in the end.

halecromp Thu 19-Jun-14 22:28:44

This was my shortlist which I asked for opinions on when I was expecting my son who is now 2:
Ellis
William
Dexter
Flynn

We went with Flynn Xavier even though we got some negative comments and most people seemed to favour William from our list. The reason we went with Flynn is that we have both worked in schools our whole careers and never met another Flynn or Xavier. When I was expecting our daughter our shortlist was Hope, Holly, Scarlett, Amelia or Claudia and we went with Scarlett for the same reason.

dimdommilpot Thu 19-Jun-14 19:05:21

I asked about 4 months ago as we couldnt find 'the one'. I was asking for alternatives to our individual short lists. There were 2 names we did agree on and we went with 1 of these in the end. DD2 is Lydia, 2month old sister to Esmé. I love it more and more each day and glad we went with it. Most on here said to go with it smile

Annabelle Beatrice. Lovely and beautiful name.

Thebuttonfancier Thu 19-Jun-14 09:34:43

Oh what a good idea for a thread. I really wanted to call our little one Rosie but it really doesn't go with our surname- v v similar! After the (I must admit correct) opinions of mumsnetters to the effect that' my desired name for her sounded like a stripper, we settled on Felicity. But when she arrived, she just didn't look like a Felicity so we went with Annabelle nn Belle. Middle name Beatrice. I love her name. Saving Felicity nn Flossie for if we have another girl!

Thank you for coming back and sharing! I always flip to the end of threads hoping to see the OP having a eureka moment and announcing so and so has helped them find the perfect name smile

Strokethefurrywall Mon 16-Jun-14 04:26:59

I don't recall asking for opinions with DS1 but with DS2 I started a thread on Lachlan or Sullivan for DS2.

DS2 arrived at 6am on St. Patricks day so was immediately a Sullivan. In honesty I don't think DH ever really liked Lachlan despite being Scottish but we've had nothing but compliments on his name.

I'll be honest, I love the name so much that I really don't care what other people think - that's when you know you've got the right name smile

And going on what a previous poster had written, we had short listed Dylan for a girl had DS1 turned out to be female - love it for a girl, very cute and reminds me of Dylan Lauren who is a very classy lady!

Coconutty Sun 15-Jun-14 20:35:28

Lovely names on here for all your DCs. Congratulations all.

OublietteBravo Sun 15-Jun-14 20:25:57

I asked for names on my sister's behalf to go with the surname 'Lee'

My niece is called Imogen (nn Jennie).

HRHQueenMe Sun 15-Jun-14 13:04:40

I was expecting DC3 and needed Roman emperor style Names to go with the DS's, got lots of great name suggestions, thank you. In the end it was a girl who is Mirabella Sofianna.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 15-Jun-14 12:09:54

When pg with my ds I came on asking advice on a name and everyone said it was awful we went with it any way and it really suits him. He is called Herbie.

Again when pg with my dd I asked for advice but found even though I said no granny names that's basically what I was given, we decided on Naomi.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now