Franklin?

(12 Posts)
DuckandCat Mon 26-May-14 12:50:54

DC2 due is November, don't know if it's a boy or girl so just musing really!

Finding boys names quite hard, but thought of Franklin yesterday. What do you think?

Also like

Reuben
Rufus
Tobias (DH dislikes)

Any thoughts?

mrsnec Mon 26-May-14 12:58:50

I like Franklin.it's on my list as a middle name or it was until we decided on no family names and fil is a Frank so I can't use it.

I've not seen it used as a first name but I know a few who used it as a middle name. reuben is on my list too. Not sure about Tobias.

I too have the same thing about boys names.

Bowlersarm Mon 26-May-14 13:02:18

I really dislike Franklin. Both the Frank bit and the 'Lin' bit. Sorry.

Not keen on Reuben.

Quite like Tobias.

But,

I love love love Rufus.

DuckandCat Mon 26-May-14 13:02:53

It's so hard I like it, but not sure if I 'love it' iykwim. I can't seem to find any boys' names that I love.

DuckandCat Mon 26-May-14 13:06:01

Hmm, seems silly now but I didn't even think of 'Frank' as a nn. Really don't like that!

I think Rufus is my favourite so far. I'll just have to keep thinking!

Thank you x

MyNameIsSuz Mon 26-May-14 14:02:24

My boy is a Franklin! He doesn't really get called Frank, usually Frankie or Frankles. I like all of your other names - he was almost a Tobias, the other two were out because of our surname.

I also really like Calvin (I'd have shortened it to Vinnie) and Austin. What about Jasper, Hugo or Stanley?

DuckandCat Mon 26-May-14 14:20:34

We must have similar taste in names Suz, Hugo and Jaspar were both on my list but DH isn't keen!

Frankles is very cute smile

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Mon 26-May-14 14:35:53

I had franklin on my list, can't have rufus as I have a pet of that name, or would have.
Also had jasper, floyd, everett, Stanley and felix.
Ds is none of these, but his name is very unusual.

Raskova Mon 26-May-14 14:39:08

Rufus is kind of cute. I like franklin but could be hard to mix with a surname? Hate the other two. Sorry.

mrsnec Mon 26-May-14 15:27:17

Hugo is on my list too but I can't get it past dh! Gregory is favourite for us at the moment.

Guin1 Mon 26-May-14 15:34:54

I like Franklin and Frank. My DH also vetoed Tobias/Toby for our DS - boo. Do you have any general preferences for names eg modern vs classic etc?

Fizzyplonk Mon 26-May-14 15:53:08

Fergus
Angus
Heath
Rowan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now