Well shes not a Thea, or and Eloise, or a Romilly. Help!!

(171 Posts)

Silent lurker for about three months, but never posted before.

Four days ago I gave birth to our gorgeous DD. She really is a glorious little babe! Inbetween waiting for the whole world to fall out of my fanjo, for, despite the 12 stitches that feels like what is going to happen, salt baths and twice hourly breastfeeding sessions, we need to think of a name for our beautiful girl.

From 21 weeks, we thought I was giving birth to a Thea Eloise, but she is definitely not. Neither is she a Romilly Alice. Or a Madeleine. Ditto Phoebe. confused

She is however, a glorious little babe, have I mentioned that already? All pouty lips, button nose, dark hair and big blue eyes. swoon And despite being a breast milk ninja, she has stolen our hearts already.

I have a strong suspicion she could be a Polly Alice, but DP is concerned that mil some people may think its a silly, indulgent name. (Not mil bashing, for the most part, she is great, but a dreadful snob!)

So, what I need from you are your best suggestions for a beautifully vintage, old fashioned or even slightly twee name. Out of the top twenty would be the ideal remit, but not a deal breaker.

Thank you so much in advance smile

Hurrah! A name! Three names!

And all lovely.

Any chance of a photo?

minipie Wed 14-May-14 15:17:17

Congratulations! So glad you went with your first loved name.

We have an 18 mo Eloise, she has had a completely unrelated nn till now (like your "Button") and is just about growing into Eloise now.

Picture of Thea on my profile now if you are interested - she's being registered on Friday so excited

Thank you once again all for your wishes - it's been great to read all the messages! Now the fun begins, I guess ....

smile

everlong Wed 14-May-14 18:16:12

Can't see photo.

Always love to see a new baby smile

minipie Wed 14-May-14 18:23:26

can't see a pic sad

bet she's gorgeous though smile

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 14-May-14 18:49:46

i need to know please...is you Thea a Tia, teya or Theea? i know all 3.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Wed 14-May-14 19:41:59

I'm so glad you went for Thea, it's such a great name !

No photo visible.

<sulks>

photo there now?

smile

Oh my!

Yes.

Sigh.

smile

restandpeace Wed 14-May-14 21:45:19

Ahh shes edible!

everlong Wed 14-May-14 21:47:14

Aaaaawwwwwwww!

Thea is GORGEOUS.

Coconutty Wed 14-May-14 21:51:03

Aah she's gorgeous. I want one!

thank you so much, Ladies.

I'm off to give her the bedtime feed now and hope I get another five hours smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 14-May-14 22:06:15

I've just stumbled upon this lovely thread!

Your dd is a very lucky little girl to have parents who obviously adore her.

Her name is beautiful.

I cannot see her photo - it's not public apparently, but I have an image of you all in my head - the perfect little family all off to sleep for 5 (+) hours.

Congratulations.

Xx

My 14 year old has just reluctantly brought her phone down.

Enjoy the innocence.

She is lovely.

Your DD of course.

AppleSnapple Wed 14-May-14 22:14:19

Maybe number 2 can be Cecily!
Well done, gorgeous name

massagegirl Thu 15-May-14 10:03:43

I have a Thea. Great name! Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now