Catkin

(33 Posts)
burgatroyd Mon 12-May-14 21:30:25

So no one liked Ocean or Oceana...

But what about Catkin? I like quirky names as you can tell.

Just Catkin, not short for Catherine.

Thoughts welcome

QueenofallIsee Tue 13-May-14 11:36:35

Catkin would be a no no for me - they aren't particularly nice looking or nice smelling, no petals just weird droopy things and are also called ament which means thong.

Go with Catrin, much better

SecretNutellaFix Tue 13-May-14 11:38:28

Catkin- no.
Catrin- yes.

squoosh Tue 13-May-14 11:58:03

Never heard is at a name except in relation to those yellow bud things. On a human it sounds more like a term of endearment.

shoppingfrenzy Tue 13-May-14 12:04:46

Catkin, sorry no way. More of a pet's name. Imagine filling in a CV for a really serious job and putting Catkin as your name.

Catrin on the other hand is lovely.

Catrin Tue 13-May-14 21:56:31

Catkin no.... me on the other hand smile

AberdeenAngusina Thu 15-May-14 08:27:47

I like the sound of Catkin; it's a name from nature on a par with Daisy or Rowan; it's spelled the way it sounds, which is always good; and it's unusual without sounding bizarre.

But somehow, I don't think it would be easy growing up as a girl named Catkin because it sounds like a pet name, rather than a "real" name - as someone said, it would suit a kitten. I think a Catkin would be constantly explaining that it was actually her name and not a shortening of Catherine, for example.

Martorana Thu 15-May-14 08:31:26

Did you say you have a Blossom? You can't, seriously, have Blossom and Catkin.

Step away from those pregnancy hormones...........

andmyunpopularopionis Thu 15-May-14 09:01:35

Catkin is horrible.. sorry

Catrin is okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now