Primrose, Daisy or Alexandra?

(84 Posts)
Benchmark Fri 02-May-14 10:59:03

Hi all,

I've already asked opinions on Primrose and most were positive but I'm still not 100% sure so thought I'd see what you all prefer out of my top 3 names.
So which is your fave and why out of Primrose Daisy or Alexandra??

Please also add a middle name if you like. Options for middle names (all family names) are:

Thanks smile

Drunkendonut Sat 31-May-14 00:36:24

I have a 3 year old Daisy. She's a feisty little thing!
I've never had a bad reaction to it.
Like a pp her mn is Elizabeth.

Hogwash Sat 31-May-14 06:02:19

Alexandra - but definitely go with what you love, not what you called 'sensible' earlier!

FeelingIrie Sat 31-May-14 06:35:36

I love Primrose and would want to use it if I have another DD. DH not so keen though... I agree it's a bit 'marmite', I have an Iris and that is too, but I'm quite happy with that as it means it won't become too popular.

Your other two names are lovely too. And I think if you are spoiled for choice use two middle names!

Enjoy your baby girl x

brokenhearted55a Sat 31-May-14 17:13:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Linguaphile Sun 01-Jun-14 12:56:51

Alexandra is the most distinguished and sensible. Lovely. Primrose is sweet and unexpected (if a bit closely connected to The Hunger Games). We considered both for our dd, actually! I think a person could easily tailor Primrose to meet their needs as they got older--Rosie or Prim for a little girl, Rose for when she gets older if she wants something more serious and sensible on her office door, though Alexandra takes it by an inch I think. Personally, I love your idea of Alexandra Primrose Mary, though if it were me I would try my best to make sure people avoided the nickname 'Alex', which I'm not a fan of.

MrsBungle Sun 01-Jun-14 14:05:55

I love primrose. I like daisy but agree with others that it's twee. Alexandra I find dull personally. Sylvie primrose is beautiful.

Benchmark Sun 01-Jun-14 20:02:05

Linguaphile - did you choose something similar in the end? What were your reasons for discounting them? Interesting as you seem to have a very similar opinion as me on the names.
I actually mentioned Primrose to my friends yesterday, just dropped it in to gauge reactions, and they said 'you're not naming a cat you can't call her that!' Then they realised I was serious and moved swiftly on. I know people would come round to it, but surprised to get such shocked reactions in RL!

lambbone Sun 01-Jun-14 20:10:17

Alexandra Primrose is splendid!

My Alexandra's MN is Hermione (outs self). Still love it.

Benchmark Sun 01-Jun-14 20:13:59

Hermione is lovely! Does your Alexandra get shortened at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now