like Edward but not Edward!

(36 Posts)
janie2 Thu 01-May-14 09:56:02

I'm posting for my sister, they like Edward but not the nn that go. They prefer traditional, not bothered by popularity necessarily as they want a name they like. They like James and George but can't have. They also like Athol, Alistair, Matthew, Andrew....you get the idea?
Your help will be appreciated!

slugseatlettuce Fri 02-May-14 20:59:18

Richard
Peter
Cameron
Colin

Rommell Fri 02-May-14 21:00:21

Murdo is a nice traditional Scottish name that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Rommell Fri 02-May-14 21:00:46

Oops I see that it has been suggested by slendergirl. My apologies, slendergirl!

NoPinkPlease Fri 02-May-14 21:03:51

My Edward is just an Edward - aged nearly 7. He just gives people a hard stare or ignores if another version is tried ;-)

mellicauli Fri 02-May-14 21:05:48

Thomas
James
Henry
Toby
Percy
Duncan

Rommell grin

I hate when that happens! You read the post and then come up with a great suggestion........and then you see someone has beaten you to it.

AllabouttheE Fri 02-May-14 21:13:19

Thain
Scottish surname

Rommell Fri 02-May-14 21:13:37

Slendergirl, yes, I thought I was being all trail-blazing and that! Ach well, at least we both have excellent taste.

HenI5 Fri 02-May-14 21:16:56

So long as they don't choose Blair Athol grin

I had Freddie for a DS after my Grandad.

We do indeed Rommell

Grant?

janie2 Fri 02-May-14 21:54:18

Lol Hen! Thankfully it's unlikely, we live quite nearby said place, they live in London commuter belt!
Great names coming folks, thank you! I'll pass them on. Sis is liking Seth but she has a concern it's too short with their equally short surname.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now