Can we get away with Juliette?

(10 Posts)
londonkiwi Fri 04-Apr-14 09:22:56

We love Juliette but have a similar sounding last name (similar to "Dewhurst") . Is it too much of a mouthful do you think?

Sundaedelight Fri 04-Apr-14 09:26:16

It's beautiful and the surname is fine.

CountessOfRule Fri 04-Apr-14 09:45:32

I wouldn't myself, which is sad because Juliet(te) is really lovely.

Do you also like Bridget? Annabel?

londonkiwi Fri 04-Apr-14 09:56:47

Thanks Countess. Bridget, no, Annabel yes but it's DD1's middle name!

SomethingAboutNothing Fri 04-Apr-14 10:09:09

I quite like Juliette, but came on to day my older DSis has my name as her middle name. People don't really use middle names on a day to day basis so people don't realise and it's no big deal.

prefer Juliet, with the extra letters it makes me think of Gillette razors grin

I think it sounds fine with your surname too.

If you still want suggestions, I think Gabrielle has a similar feel. or maybe Carolina/Caroline.

Mrsindecision Fri 04-Apr-14 11:44:34

Absolutely fine imo. Juliet is a beautiful name - definitely use it!

Juliet is lovely. I don't think the extra te and the end of juliette add anything though

BackforGood Fri 04-Apr-14 12:01:10

Think it sounds fine, but, like others, if someone told me their name was Juliet, that's how I'd spell it, so she'll probably need to get used to spelling it out for people

londonkiwi Fri 04-Apr-14 20:16:47

Thanks everyone. Now I'm in a dilemma about spelling, I think the extra te looks prettier but understand it's a pain to have to spell out your name. I am in New Zealand and don't think it's so unusual to have the extra te here though.

Oh well still have 20 weeks to decide and it might be a boy anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now