Connor

(14 Posts)
TheHamster Fri 04-Apr-14 08:59:50

Do you like it? For DC4. I prefer that spelling to Conor (Connor seems gentler/soft to me for some reason confused ).

EyelinerQueen Fri 04-Apr-14 09:00:59

Much prefer Conor. The extra n makes it harsher and more surname-y to me.

It's a good name.

aGirlDownUnder1 Fri 04-Apr-14 09:36:44

Lovely name, I prefer it spelt Conor

UriGeller Fri 04-Apr-14 09:49:34

I don't like it personally, its a bit 'average' for me but its a well used, popular name so lots must.

Equivalent: Martin

Conor is much nicer. The extra n makes it a surname IMO

MoominsYonisAreScary Fri 04-Apr-14 10:27:33

I have a Connor, he's 19 and has only ever met 2 others. Ive met a couple of 4 year old Conors but ds2 who is 11 doesnt know any so it cant be all that popular where we are.

squoosh Fri 04-Apr-14 10:31:38

Conor is how it's spelt in Ireland. I see 'Connor' and assume the parents aren't Irish.

Sharaluck Fri 04-Apr-14 10:32:06

I prefer Connor with the double n smile

FlipFantasia Fri 04-Apr-14 10:35:31

Double n is a surname and single n is a first name. It's a fine name (with a single n), more akin to David for me than Martin. I know Conors of all ages.

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Fri 04-Apr-14 10:37:29

I really like the name - think it's a good, solid boys name and a manly adult name.

It doesn't really fit a baby in my mind (don't know why) but the baby phase is so short you need to look ahead.

I would naturally spell it Connor and would think something was missing from conor!

TheHamster Fri 04-Apr-14 10:38:21

I've known one Connor and one Conor. blush I'm not Irish but it's a nice name spelt that name imo, although I do see how it can be quite surnamey spelt with two ns. About 50/50 in terms of liking it with two ns or one so far smile

TheHamster Fri 04-Apr-14 10:39:02

Ack, meant confused not blush (I'm a bit out of it at the moment, as you can probably tell by that...)

squoosh Fri 04-Apr-14 11:12:21

It's one of those names that people on MN like to refer to as a 'naughty' boys name, but rest assured that in Ireland it's an everyman name like William or Thomas are in the UK.

TimeForAnotherNameChange Fri 04-Apr-14 11:15:21

I prefer the look of it with two n's, but don't particularly like it as a name anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now