what do you think about Abraham?

(79 Posts)
ZingSweetCoconut Sun 23-Mar-14 18:48:15

currently 5 months pg with #7.

if it's a girl we have a name combo sorted

if it's a boy we think Abraham would be nice and go with the names of our existing children who all have Biblical names.

so, yay or nay? smile

ZingSweetCoconut Thu 27-Mar-14 12:38:32

Definitely last!

I'm struggling more than ever before - obviously it's tougher the older I get and the more kids around.

but we are also going to move soon (May) and get a massive extension done - by the time that's finished so will I be!grin

I know I will be broody, I always am as soon as the youngest turns one - but I'm actually, for the first time, looking forward to the next stage of growing out of nappies and cots and pushchairs etc.

Seminyak Thu 27-Mar-14 10:54:44

Well I love Abraham, and Abe and Bram. Fab!

Also adore Ambrose - is that biblical? Sounds very Amish to me so I'm assuming yes??

I definitely think you should go for an A name so you can do the Jasmine thing - that is so cute and I love stuff like that! But what if you have another? Or is this the last?

dilemma73 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:24:47

I love Abraham and would nickname him Abbie, what about Ezekiel nn zeke?

ZingSweetCoconut Wed 26-Mar-14 21:03:36

It's most Bible names, not just Old Testament
not necessarily to start with "A" though.

I think we'll leave it for a bit - and I'll probably do a different thread nearer the due date.

Thanks again for all input!

LindaMcCartneySausage Wed 26-Mar-14 20:42:27

If you like traditional Jewish names beginning with A, what about Azariah for a boy?

ZingSweetCoconut Wed 26-Mar-14 20:35:46

middle name will be DH's first name but thanks.

I told you it's difficult! grin

brokenhearted55a Wed 26-Mar-14 16:03:26

I have a friend called Benjamin Abraham. Might work better as a middle name.

shoobidoo Wed 26-Mar-14 06:48:29

Love Abraham!

nooka Wed 26-Mar-14 01:24:53

My dog is called Amos. It's a great dog name smile

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 21:36:32

*is out.

not is it.

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 21:32:14

Actually Amos is it.

I asked the kids what they thought and the two eldest asked me in unison: "What? Anus?"

grin

that's that

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 15:53:10

Line

Amos! that's a good one!

<updates list of two namesgrin >

LineRunner Tue 25-Mar-14 11:52:03

Abraham
Abe
Abel
Amos

All good names.

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 11:45:55

Thanks for more input.
I actually asked the kids yesterday - most preferred Abraham, but DS3 loves Zebedee and the way he say it is very sweet!
But I think DH and I will make the final choice as the boys started brainstorming and came up with such corkers as Goliath, Hercules, Nemo, Yoda, Lego, Minecraft and Adolf.grin

Peggy

I don't want to share the girl's name, sorry as I'm very sure about it and any potential negative comments would upset me.
sorry.

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 25-Mar-14 11:39:36

chatty

no worries! I didn't expect a resounding "Yes, best name ever!" grin

YesAnastasia Tue 25-Mar-14 11:30:59

It's very nice - I like it a lot. I like Abe & Bram.

Your other children have lovely names too.

peggylane Tue 25-Mar-14 11:16:38

Really like Abraham! A nice, proper yet unusual name with various nickname possibilities. I'd go for it! May I ask what name you've chosen if baby turns out to be a girl? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

chattychattyboomba Tue 25-Mar-14 08:03:57

Hey Zing! Sorry to say I really don't like it. It's the 'abe' and the 'ham' sounds... Just don't ring for me. A friend named her DS Abel which i thought was different but a better option than Abraham IMO.

seasaltbaby Tue 25-Mar-14 07:50:24

Reading with interest as we are also seriously considering Abraham! It's the only boys name both DH & I like but both bit worried it's a bit too unusual. Interested to see it gets a v mixed response.....

maggiethemagpie Tue 25-Mar-14 07:36:25

I like Abe. Love biblical names. Solomon can be sol. I called my son Zachary and we only ever call him Zac but I still love it.

Pinkcustardpurplecustard Mon 24-Mar-14 14:21:45

Abe is lovely

Pinkcustardpurplecustard Mon 24-Mar-14 14:20:37

Abe is fab. Abraham is a slow grower but it would definitely grow on me.
You could just christen him Abe.

Moses Saul Jesus Matthew Hannah

DrewsWife Mon 24-Mar-14 03:01:55

We chose Elijah as a potential. And Matilda grace for a girl. I love Abraham.

ZingSweetCoconut Sun 23-Mar-14 23:48:14

Beach

great minds!smile
we had figured that out already - it would be especially personal as I had a MC in 2008 and we named her Yasmin, but the kids think it's spelt Jasmine (coz of the plant).

ah, just don't know
good think we have 16+ weeks to figure it out.

I honestly don't care if baby is a boy or a girl, but as we are sorted with a girl's name a girl would just be easier.
precisely the reason I think it's more likely to be a boy!grin

Beachfarmandzootoo Sun 23-Mar-14 23:28:48

If you choose a name beginning with A your children's initials spell Jasmine which is rather nice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now