Racheal?

(39 Posts)
mammamiaaaaa Sat 08-Mar-14 15:04:53

Thoughts please

LadyAlysVorpatril Sat 08-Mar-14 15:07:17

Do you mean Rachael or is Racheal a separate name?

SleepyPanda Sat 08-Mar-14 15:11:07

Not if you spell it like that! Please don't inflict a child with a misspelling...

Rachael is nice, but I much prefer the Rachel spelling tbh smile

Wurstwitch Sat 08-Mar-14 15:16:34

What they said.

And if the parent can't spell it, you know that the poor child will be correcting everyone for her whole life.

Rachael is fine, but Rachel is simpler. It hasn't been in popular use for a while. It was reasonably familiar when I was a child.

I like it. But I don't like it when folk can't spell stuff... (My middle name is incorrect on my NI card, it makes my teeth itch.)

CPtart Sat 08-Mar-14 15:20:55

You've spelt it wrong.
Nice name though.

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 08-Mar-14 15:20:57

Rachel or an even more garbled Racquel?

WowserBowser Sat 08-Mar-14 15:22:17

Rachel

TheZeeTeam Sat 08-Mar-14 15:25:27

Not spelt like that! It's a nice name though.

lljkk Sat 08-Mar-14 15:28:19

Funny enough, I was just emailing my 3rd cousin (she's about 20yo, Rachael).
Is name I wanted if DS3 had been a girl (Rachel version, probably).
Good name If you can handle some misspelling.

Wurstwitch Sat 08-Mar-14 15:34:38

My cousin is Rachael, too grin. She's about 40....

It's a pretty name, and I prefer the Rachael spelling. I think in the op's case it would be more trouble than it's worth and Rachel would be easier.

Rachel - please don't spell it wrong. Rachael if you must, but why over-complicate?

Littlefish Sat 08-Mar-14 17:53:49

Rachael or Rachel.

Racheal would be pronounced Ray-cheel.

You've spelled it wrong! The Michaels and Rachels (or Rachaels) at school always had people getting the a and the e mixed up and writing Micheal or Racheal by mistake.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 08-Mar-14 17:55:24

Nice but only spelt Rachel or Rachael (Scottish way)

SadFreak Sat 08-Mar-14 17:57:33

Rachel is my preferred spelling and it is a lovely name imo.

HyvaPaiva Sat 08-Mar-14 18:04:14

That's not how you spell it. It's Rachel or Rachael. Please don't give your child a name even her parent can't spell!

NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Mar-14 18:05:43

I once had a client who spelt it like the OP did and I had to grit my teeth every time I had to read or write it

Innogen Sat 08-Mar-14 18:05:52

Rachel
Rachael

Your spelling.

^ In order of preference.

If you google, there are people who DO spell it like that. Not many, though, I bet. And they are wrong anyway. grin

Blaineisnotanappliance Sat 08-Mar-14 18:07:59

I have a member of my family named this with that spelling. Apparently its the catholic spellinghmm

youbethemummylion Sat 08-Mar-14 18:09:30

Rachel is far easier for everyone to spell. Dont know about the name though seems a bit dated.

Rachael

goodtimesinbontemps Sat 08-Mar-14 18:12:35

blaine I am Catholic and have never seen that spelling before, its always been Rachel around here. Nice name btw

BOFtastic Sat 08-Mar-14 18:15:14

Rachael is the biblical spelling, rather than specifically Catholic, I think.

I met a Pheobe the other day. She pointed out that I was spelling her name wrongly when I wrote 'Phoebe'. OP, is your spelling deliberate too?

FWIW, I think both Pheobe and Racheal just look like errors, and even if they're deliberate I think most people will assume they're errors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now