Louisa/Theodore

(16 Posts)
TheCharWoman Thu 27-Feb-14 13:59:07

Right, think we might have found names that both DH and I like (and which don't inadvertently add to our cat theme smile.

So we'd have Felix and Louisa, or Felix and Theodore.

What do you think?

Do feel free to be honest! I'm not 100% in love with the names, so happy to be swayed. (Except Felix because he's already here!)

DrSeuss Thu 27-Feb-14 14:07:11

Louisa and Theodore.

RalphRecklessCardew Thu 27-Feb-14 14:07:27

I like both.

Would love for you to go for Tabitha (nn Tabby) though.

TheCharWoman Thu 27-Feb-14 14:11:01

Yeah sorry Dr Seuss, what I was trying to say was that we already have a DS called Felix!

Now trying to name DC2, so getting opinions on girl/boy names for this baby!

Ralph, don't! Still love Tabitha...

DramaAlpaca Thu 27-Feb-14 14:12:44

I love Louisa, am lukewarm on Theodore (but Theo is great) and think both would go nicely with Felix.

squoosh Thu 27-Feb-14 14:47:36

I love Theo but there's no way I'd be able to call a child Theodore day to day, it sounds so pompous.

Louisa is okay, it's very.............sensible.

TheScience Thu 27-Feb-14 14:49:46

I love them both. I think it's nice to have names with plenty of nickname potential too - Lou/Lulu/Lola, Theo/Ted/Teddy etc

seashell81 Thu 27-Feb-14 14:54:18

Lovely names. Are you expecting twins? I also like the name Thea for a girl which kind of mixes the 2 names you like. :-)

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 27-Feb-14 15:04:34

They are great names and go well with Felix.

Leeds2 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:18:46

Love Louisa. Not so keen on Theodore.

Pinkandwhite Thu 27-Feb-14 15:25:50

I love Louisa. It goes really well with Felix.

Lottystar Thu 27-Feb-14 15:26:23

I really like Theodore and I think it goes with your ds's name but tbh I think Louisa is a little bit dull and you will have to be happy with the fact she may be called Lou a lot. If you're fine with that then great. How about Theodora for a girl? Dora or Theo are much nicer nn too.

Ham69 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:45:01

I have a Theo and wanted DD to be Felix if she was a DS. Louisa is lovely, too. Great choices to go with Felix.

KatherinaMinola Thu 27-Feb-14 17:48:41

Both lovely names. Classic but not overly popular.

TheCharWoman Thu 27-Feb-14 20:03:22

DH doesn't like Theodora/Thea for some reason.

Glad to hear that they sound ok with DS's name (not that they have to match or anything, but just don't want to sound like I'm calling a litter of kittens!)

I do see what you mean Squoosh. We quite like Ted as a nickname, but don't mind Theo if that's what develops.

SelectAUserName Thu 27-Feb-14 20:53:00

Both great names and either would sound good with Felix. Love Theo and Teddy as NN for Theodore (not such a fan of Ted but that's because I'm a Buffy fan and it makes me think of a murderous robot grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now