please vote! girls name.

(58 Posts)
Babel1111 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:45:05

DD is Penny Amelia, looking for a sibling name. DF hates all of them but it's tough. His suggestions are Luna, Autumn and Talia but I don't think they go with Penny at all. Anyway here goes;
Penny and Susie
Penny and Sadie
Penny and Rose
Penny and Paige
Penny and Amber
Penny and April
Penny and Hazel

Mn would be Eloise, Elodie, Olivia, Annabelle or April or Amber if not used.

Babel1111 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:26:27

Troll

fideline Wed 26-Feb-14 13:27:03

I knew it! Thanks for coming clean smile

emmyloo2 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:27:32

Totally understand what you mean by names having to match. I had the same argument with my DH when we were naming our second child. My DS is George and so I wanted an old fashioned name to match. He suggested some more modern names for our DD and didn't understand why they didn't match. I always find it odd when names are a different style but for a lot of people it doesn't matter.

So his names don't match - I agree. From your list I love Susie and Sadie and Hazel. I considered all three for my DD. I probably like Hazel the most and it's fabulous with Penny. What about Audrey, Harriet, Catherine, Louisa, Maggie, Elsie, Elizabeth, Marion...??

Babel1111 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:31:21

Thanks emmy. It seems we are a rare breed though! Oooh I do like Maggie... can we cope with another name added to the mix?!

Nocomet Wed 26-Feb-14 13:31:41

The thing is real people affect the way you see names.

The only Penny I know is very arty so Penny and the slightly hippy Autumn is a perfect pairing.

wiltingfast Wed 26-Feb-14 13:34:43

Hah, you were a bit manic! Should have copped it wink

Babel1111 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:41:31

Someone suggested ivy, that's nice, but breaks the 'ee' ending rule. I wish babies came with a tag on them that told you their names haha

looki Wed 26-Feb-14 15:09:23

I like Talia from your partner's list and Sadie from yours.

That said, if you don't agree then look for a new list and I honestly don't believe sibling names have to 'go' - within reason of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now