V sound in the middle...

(18 Posts)
WowserBowser Sat 15-Feb-14 10:36:43

Siobhan

Misspilly88 Sat 15-Feb-14 10:30:02

We have a Vivian at our nursery smile I think I prefer it spelled Vivienne though

bouncingbelle Thu 13-Feb-14 21:36:41

Verity is lovely.

JollyGolightly Thu 13-Feb-14 17:19:46

I rather like it, and I don't usually like themes when it.comes.to naming.

An initial V could work; Viola, Vinnie, Vera. Or one in final position; Lev, Marv, Maeve, Viv.

Frikadellen Wed 12-Feb-14 10:37:08

No I dont think it would be silly it is not an obvious joiner like all of them starting with J for example. For mine they have all got a "o" on their name (2 of them a silent o) first 3 6 letters but with dd3 we went to 5 as I had fallen in love with her name.

So many names to pick from that I think you can find something amazing that you like too.

MimiSunshine Wed 12-Feb-14 10:26:03

I like it, I think Vivienne goes well with Sylvie and flows nice as a threesome as it has more syllables. And Vivi is a cute nickname for the older two to use.

seasalt Mon 10-Feb-14 23:46:14

I think Violet would be nice with the other two names.

Indianajonesismyhero Mon 10-Feb-14 23:40:24

Two was a coincidence and I think I am just overthinking the left out aspect. Both kids are pretty keen on having a new baby so probably won't be an issue. And I tend to raise an eyebrow at themed names, eg 2 or more girls with flower names. Glad I asked, this issue is clarified!

Still need a name though! Back to scrolling!

TheBuskersDog Mon 10-Feb-14 23:40:07

I think you are overthinking it, I have never heard of a child being upset because they don't have a particular letter in their name, and I can actually think of quite a few families where two of three share a common middle letter/sound (mainly l).

Indianajonesismyhero Mon 10-Feb-14 23:37:03

Now I practise it (in my head) shouting three names instead of two in the park, it does sound peculiar: "Evan! Sylvie! Maeve! Time to go!"

Maybe back to the drawing board...

GlitzAndGiggles Mon 10-Feb-14 23:35:30

Vaughan
Violet
Savannah
Veronica
Yvonne
Beverley
Avril
Devin
Ivy
Raven
Evelyn
Vincent
Calvin
Levi
Avery
Vanessa

TheBuskersDog Mon 10-Feb-14 23:34:58

Neville
Orville

Seriously, why? Was it just coincidental that your second had the v as well or did you plan that? Two can be a coincidence but three seems contrived and a bit twee.

Indianajonesismyhero Mon 10-Feb-14 23:33:50

I know it is, but I do like the sound! I also have a bit of a fear of the littlest feeling left out once he/she has grown up a bit as there is a titchy age gap between the first two and will be five years between 2 and 3. Thought it might make baby feel like part of the team a bit more! Names ending in the -a or -er sound are out as our surname starts with R, so will all blend together - which puts the kibosh on Oliver/Olivia, both v nice names.

Maeve looks like it might be one for the list though, thanks!

DewClawDisaster Mon 10-Feb-14 23:32:14

Avril
Ava
Avis
Vivien/nne
Nova??
Reeva?? (not a good association)

It's quite a random decision-making criterion - wouldn't it be easier to go with a name you like, or that's in the family etc etc?!

IsabellaRockerfeller Mon 10-Feb-14 23:30:17

I personally would not go for another V sound as it will sound too similar to your other children's names.

If you do, how about:

Ava
Vivienne
Olivia
Neve
Maeve
Evelyn
Lavinia

Vincent
Xavier

BackforGood Mon 10-Feb-14 23:27:30

David
Davina
Oliver
Olivia
Trevor
Ivor
Ivan

off the top of my head, but, tbh, it sounds an odd reason to choose a name.

Innogen Mon 10-Feb-14 23:27:20

Maeve
Mavis?

Indianajonesismyhero Mon 10-Feb-14 23:22:58

I have an Evan and a Sylvie (hello people who know me now I've outed myself!). Third baby - of as yet unknown gender - will need a name soonish.

Will it be silly to go with another name with a central v sound?

If the answer is no it's not silly, are there any suggestions? Clover for a girl has been vetoed, regrettably...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now