oldbutnotpastit Thu 23-Jan-14 10:43:42

ds5 or dd6 is due in July

GIRLS
Miranda
Persephone
Georgiana
Cecilia nn Celia
Winifred love this
Theodora or Dorothea or Dorothy (ds4's suggestion)
Hester or Esther i love these but our surname starts with West so don't think it will work
Clarissa
Genevieve
Merewen nn Merry or Winnie
Josephine nn Posy
Cassandra
Miriam
Priscilla
Keziah
Rosanna nn Posy
Rosemary nn Posy
Romilly
Greta
not sure about mns yet

BOYS
Edmund /Edmond
Jeremiah nn Jem
Ambrose
Cedric
Wilfred
Raphael
Zebedee/Zebediah
Frederick
Josiah
Llewellyn

boys first mn will be Peter

BabyMummy29 Fri 24-Jan-14 21:39:39

Nope, don't like any of those at all. They're all a bit fancy for my liking.

oldbutnotpastit Fri 24-Jan-14 21:46:02

ohdear i was quite keen on rosanna and wilfred until someone further up the thread pointed out that with our surname beginning with West Rose or Fred might not be a good idea.
majedtic i Really like Theodora and Raphael but Dh thinks they are "Poncy" and won't be persuaded otherwise

ODearMe Fri 24-Jan-14 22:05:55

Lol, that is v true!!! Best to avoid ��

I don't think Raphael is poncy, my friend has baby Raphie, which I think is sweet.

oldbutnotpastit Fri 24-Jan-14 22:16:01

i don't think Raphael is poncey . dh ,however, has a very active but not necessarily accurate "ponceometer" . he ruled out Gabriel for ds4 for the same reason but when ds arrived he looked like a Gabriel (still does for that matter ) and dh then agreed so there may yet be a chance to change his opinion .

AGoodPirate Sat 25-Jan-14 08:08:11

Greta
Ambrose

pencilsharpener Sat 25-Jan-14 12:26:07

If you like Sabrina but are not sure of the connotations, what about Serena as an alternative? Maybe Nina as a nn?

I like Miranda and Josephine (nn Posy) from your list of girls. Not at all keen on Winifred (sorry) which sounds far too old granny to my ears.

I think Edmund (Ed, Ted, Ned etc), Wilfred and Jeremiah (Jem) are the most usable out of your boys' shortlist.

pencilsharpener Sat 25-Jan-14 12:27:52

Just thought - maybe Wilfred would get shortened to Fred too, so perhaps best avoided?

newyearhere Sat 25-Jan-14 17:38:08

From the shortlists I like Miranda, Cassandra, Jeremiah, Edmund.

oldbutnotpastit Sun 26-Jan-14 12:31:16

dh and i wrote a shorlist and a few ames appeared on bot lists so we may have a shorter short list .

girls
Clarissa
Cecilia
Winifred
Merewen

boys
Edmund
Cedric
Jeremiah
Llewelyn

i have rediscovered the name Trevelyan which might i like .

oldbutnotpastit Sun 26-Jan-14 12:32:00

names not ames and both not bot

Oriunda Sun 26-Jan-14 14:13:07

Cecilia
Edmund

oldbutnotpastit Sun 26-Jan-14 16:59:49

i adore Cecilia but dh needs more persuading of it's merits . he like it but prefers some of the other names .
Edmund is probably in the top 2 on both are lists . Would Edmund Peter have too much of a Narnia theme ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now