Middle name for Ben

(17 Posts)
undecidedbabyboyname Tue 21-Jan-14 05:16:42

My husband and I are pretty decided on the name 'Ben' - we aren't so keen on 'Benjamin', so it'll be just 'Ben'. Our problem is in finding a middle name we both like and that goes with Ben. Initials are important too - no B.S. or B.O. or B.J. We're stuck, so now I'm asking strangers! - what do you think?

Ben Adam or Ben Ian? Any negative associations with either in how they blend together etc?

Any other suggestions?

Help is appreciated!

I have a Ben, he doesn't have a middle name because none of my lot have middle names. I think it needs a long name after it though like Alexander or Cameron or maybe even William.

diddl Tue 21-Jan-14 07:09:12

TBH, I think with Adam or Ian, Benjamin sounds better as a first name.

Ben just flows into it like one name imo.

Benadam, Benian iyswim.

Def a longer middle name if using Ben.

BartBaby Tue 21-Jan-14 07:54:39

My Ben is Benjamin Adam. He never gets his full name, though the option is there.

glammanana Tue 21-Jan-14 07:56:32

I have a "Benn" not a Benjamin and his middle name is David (his dad's middle name) when "Benn" was first born he was named Ross but when my DS1 came in with his sister to see baby and I he peered into the crib and saw this little bundle with a slight blonde/ginger moop of hair and said he looked like a "fish finger",when they had gone every time I looked into the crib I saw a "fish finger" looking back at me so when DH came next day we had to choose another name (I was distraught)we didn't want names that could be shortened so I decided on "Benn" with the extra "n" to be that bit different.He is now 32 next week and the joy of my life he is so handsome and suits his name,he is a medic and just completed his 4th tour away and got married to a fab girl last year.

BartBaby Tue 21-Jan-14 07:56:58

And i agree with diddl, if you just want to use Ben, a longer middle name sounds better. Alexander goes lovely.

SweepTheHalls Tue 21-Jan-14 07:58:47

I have a Benjamin Elijah smile

PavlovsCats Tue 21-Jan-14 08:15:54

I know a Ben Aaron

nocheeseplease Tue 21-Jan-14 10:01:14

I have a Ben, he's not a Benjamin either and his name is Ben Christopher. I think it needs quite a long middle name as the first name is so short.

Mrsindecision Tue 21-Jan-14 10:20:28

Thomas
Henry
Matthew
Huxley
Fergus
David
Anthony

What about Benedict if not Benjamin?

RonaldMcDonald Tue 21-Jan-14 11:15:45

ten

mylittlesunshine Tue 21-Jan-14 16:04:51

I have a Ben Alexander

Ben William

Knowlee Tue 21-Jan-14 21:54:21

I have a Benjamin Christopher. I wanted Benjamin George though, but I can live with Christopher, I'll get my way next time.

ToffeeJungle Tue 21-Jan-14 22:16:24

I agree a longer middle name would flow better.
Ben Alexander is great.

Or Ben:
Zacharius
Sebastian
Christian
Dominic
Rafael
Theodore
Lysander
Cornelius
Xavier
Nicholas
Malachi
Nathaniel
Jeremiah
Tobias
Anthony

webwiz Tue 21-Jan-14 22:29:21

DS is Benjamin Nicholas but he's always been Ben. When he was younger he thought his middle name was 'jamin' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now