Worst 2 names you've EVER heard?

(100 Posts)
mummyjanine Mon 20-Jan-14 08:51:05

One boys name & one girls name that just makes you cringe!!

Mine:
Girl - Girtrude
Boy - Gaylord
shock

EsmereldaBelle Mon 20-Jan-14 08:56:05

Girl - Prudence hmm
Boy - Dick grin

Theas18 Mon 20-Jan-14 09:00:30

another " this will no go well" thread....

Superworm Mon 20-Jan-14 09:10:47

It is beyond me why women want to bitch about children's names....it's just unkind to everyone.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 20-Jan-14 09:14:47

We have just had a horrible thread about worst names so why start another???

newyearhere Mon 20-Jan-14 09:21:00

biscuit

RoseHoney Mon 20-Jan-14 09:39:37

These threads are just awful.
If you don't like a name then don't use it, no need to make other parents feel crap for their choice.

And by the way
It's Gertrude wink

brokenhearted55a Mon 20-Jan-14 10:08:46

Maybe and Nearly for two little girls.

HandragsNGladbags Mon 20-Jan-14 10:10:59

La-a - oh no that's made up
Chlamydia - oh no that's made up

Just thought I'd get those in first wink

My brother used to ride a horse called Gaylord <irrelevant fact>

Nataleejah Mon 20-Jan-14 10:21:05

Bledard and Iron (boys), Eskada (girl)

I live in Germany so I have tons.

Mechthild for a girl
Traugott for a boy.

Piddlepuddle Mon 20-Jan-14 10:24:18

Come on OP, tell us your kids names first, I mean fair's fair and all that.

Horrible thread, who gives a fuck what anyone calls their children.

I'd like to say Summer-Rose and Khylan, OP. Buy wouldn't that hurt your feelings?

So extrapolate that yo all the parents out there whose names you want to snurk at with your thread.

Think on.

JanePurdy Mon 20-Jan-14 11:00:33

Harley
Khylan

Horrible thread.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 20-Jan-14 11:13:43

I have been in tears over some comments about my DS's name on threads like these. Why do people start them, just dont get it.

MaryQueenOfSpots Mon 20-Jan-14 11:15:09

Janine. Yuk.

topknob Mon 20-Jan-14 11:15:50

Girl: Highbury

Can't think of a boys one.

LightsPlease Mon 20-Jan-14 11:16:24

Beryl
Nigel

peppinagiro Mon 20-Jan-14 11:21:40

Yeah, Khylan is pretty awful.

I don't get it.

Surely a large percentage of people on this thread have children? And they all took their time choosing a name, thinking about it, it means something to everyone. It's a personal choice made for many different personal reasons.

But somehow it's ok to come on here and sneer and laugh and cringe at people's personal choices?

That says more about you than the person who chose a name you didn't approve of.

I fully expect my ds1 name to pop up on here, it's a very much hated name. I love it, my DH loves it, my ds1 loves it.
That's pretty much the only people who matter.

My DDs name won't be on here because it is a "made up" name (it actually isn't but why let the truth get in the way of Internet snobbery) and I think my ds2 name is ok but I think it was once proclaimed "pretentious".

Look at how much I give a fuck grin

Only1scoop Mon 20-Jan-14 11:40:26

It's Gertrude by the way.
We pointed out a few days ago for you that Finley is Spelt Finlay. I know the names of your choice which you keep posting keep getting flamed but maybe get a good baby naming book/site ....you can check spellings/meanings (if that is important to you).
Myself not included but I know these posts can upset people.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 20-Jan-14 11:40:37

I could have written your post tantrumsandballoons except for I really let the comments get to me (initially, as I was totally oblivious DS had such a disapproved of name on MN!)

UriGeller Mon 20-Jan-14 11:41:09

I know a child named after Supermans original birth name.. That's pretty funny.

And there's a lady in town who has a baby with a very pretty Broderie Anglaise pram cover thing with her daughters name embroidered on it in pink curly letters. Miley-Rae.

I think its funny though, not horrid or cringeworthy.

Trudy / Trudie are both derived from Gertrude as is Truus which is pronounced with a slightly rolled r and a soft s and sounds beautiful.

Pinkbell123 Mon 20-Jan-14 12:34:17

Raaa why do people do these threads?!? Everyone's different, everyone likes different names get over it. I actually quite like Gertrude (Trudie)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now