Boys name

(12 Posts)
rubyslippers7788 Sun 05-Jan-14 08:38:57

Hello All,

My husband and I have shortlisted some boys names but when I have told family members ( yes, I know I probably shouldn't tell anyone!) they have mainly had negative reactions.

At the top of the list is Kingsley and Heath as his middle name ... what do you think? My Mum has expressed concern that he will be called King constantly and asked where his Queen is and another member has said that it sounds like a chavs name ( I don't think that it does!). I admit, if it is shortened to King then it will sound somewhat silly. Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

He will be a brother to Arabella.

Thanks

Heath! Absolutely.

Kingsley is awful.

CarryOnDancing Sun 05-Jan-14 08:46:16

Hmm, I'm inclined to agree with your mother on the second part about Kingsley. It's so hard when you visualise a name one way and others don't. I usually like surname style name but this isn't one.

I do however really like Heath and I think it goes well with Arabella. Could you switch them?

LittleMilla Sun 05-Jan-14 08:49:09

I've bottled using Heath twice now!

Not sure about Kingsley tbh, and I'm of the more 'alternative' persuasion with names.

Heath all the way.

Others on my short list were:
Herbie
Blaise
Huxley
Rafferty
Gilbert (which we now have nn Gilby)

I also have a Wilf

rubyslippers7788 Sun 05-Jan-14 08:49:42

Thank you! it's nice to know that others have the same opinion ... I think that my baby brain is probably kicking in and I really don't want a name that will cause him to be ridiculed!

Just to clarify my post, you should scrap Kingsley and use Heath as his first name.

Kingsley Heath sounds like a park.

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 05-Jan-14 08:52:34

It sounds like a dogging area! It's awful. Truly awful.

Nataleejah Sun 05-Jan-14 08:59:05

Heath!!!!!
I have a Heath....

rubyslippers7788 Sun 05-Jan-14 09:07:15

lol Onesleeptillwembley - You have made my mind up ... I'm scrapping the name lol.

Saharap2 Sun 05-Jan-14 09:16:19

There is a boy called Kingsley in the channel 4 tv prog Fresh Meat FYI (don't know if you know!)

Only1scoop Sun 05-Jan-14 09:31:10

My Dp has a top from shop called that name in SA.

buttercrumble Sun 05-Jan-14 09:36:04

Heath is lovely but drop the Kingsley, like onesleep said Kingsley Heath sounds very dodgy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now