Robin

(17 Posts)

grin thank you smile

MaeveBehave Sun 05-Jan-14 11:21:58

i take that back. people will read the name and see it in isolation, they won't be reading a list of her and her siblings' names. if they see her they'll know she's a girl, robin for a baby boy very rare. so ignore me, go for Robin!

MaeveBehave Sun 05-Jan-14 11:20:34

girly names, then I guess you should go with robyn with a Y, although for me that ruins the look of it.

Both dds have girly names to clarify that point.

I have 2 dds already both if whom have top 10 names luckily neither go to school with others of the same name!

I prefer the Robin spelling as I have a very unique and unspellable name but we will see.

We have our boys name chosen which is a family name on both sides - James smile so Robin would only be a girls name for us.

Thank you for all your answers grin

JanePurdy Sat 04-Jan-14 19:23:24

I like Robin for a boy.

MaeveBehave Sat 04-Jan-14 19:05:28

I like it for a girl. I know a lovely forty year old male robin but now i think it has gone to the girl babies.

Id just spell it robin though. If your other girl(s) has a non girly name. Eg if your dd1 is called megan or teagan or kirsty i think it would b obvious robin is a girl. But if your dd (if u have one) is an amelia or a lucia or a sophia ) then id assume robin a boy.

DancingLady Sat 04-Jan-14 18:58:16

Really like it for a girl, either spelling. I don't know any female Robins - lovely name.

Don't like it for a girl. Love it for a boy.

MiaowTheCat Sat 04-Jan-14 18:56:16

I have a Robyn for DD2. Preferred the y spelling of it, always feel like the i spelling is more "male" I guess.

justjodie92 Sat 04-Jan-14 18:11:42

My sister is Robyn. Great name!

Frontdoorstep Sat 04-Jan-14 18:01:17

Yes, I like Robin for a boy or girl. I would also spell it Robyn for a girl.

Confitdecanard Sat 04-Jan-14 17:51:33

I think Robyn for a girl too, although I think the Robin spelling for a girl is quite common in America.

buttercrumble Sat 04-Jan-14 17:37:18

Lovely but spelt Robyn smile

kelda Sat 04-Jan-14 17:33:26

I know two girls called Robin. Very nice name.

DoItTooJulia England Sat 04-Jan-14 17:30:47

I know a couple of robins. The boys are spelled Robin, the girls Robyn.

Does that help, or confuse matters?

currently way ahead of self here, ttc #3.

We like Robin for a girl - thoughts? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now