Robin

(17 Posts)

currently way ahead of self here, ttc #3.

We like Robin for a girl - thoughts? grin

DoItTooJulia Sat 04-Jan-14 17:30:47

I know a couple of robins. The boys are spelled Robin, the girls Robyn.

Does that help, or confuse matters?

kelda Sat 04-Jan-14 17:33:26

I know two girls called Robin. Very nice name.

buttercrumble Sat 04-Jan-14 17:37:18

Lovely but spelt Robyn smile

Confitdecanard Sat 04-Jan-14 17:51:33

I think Robyn for a girl too, although I think the Robin spelling for a girl is quite common in America.

Frontdoorstep Sat 04-Jan-14 18:01:17

Yes, I like Robin for a boy or girl. I would also spell it Robyn for a girl.

justjodie92 Sat 04-Jan-14 18:11:42

My sister is Robyn. Great name!

MiaowTheCat Sat 04-Jan-14 18:56:16

I have a Robyn for DD2. Preferred the y spelling of it, always feel like the i spelling is more "male" I guess.

Don't like it for a girl. Love it for a boy.

DancingLady Sat 04-Jan-14 18:58:16

Really like it for a girl, either spelling. I don't know any female Robins - lovely name.

MaeveBehave Sat 04-Jan-14 19:05:28

I like it for a girl. I know a lovely forty year old male robin but now i think it has gone to the girl babies.

Id just spell it robin though. If your other girl(s) has a non girly name. Eg if your dd1 is called megan or teagan or kirsty i think it would b obvious robin is a girl. But if your dd (if u have one) is an amelia or a lucia or a sophia ) then id assume robin a boy.

JanePurdy Sat 04-Jan-14 19:23:24

I like Robin for a boy.

I have 2 dds already both if whom have top 10 names luckily neither go to school with others of the same name!

I prefer the Robin spelling as I have a very unique and unspellable name but we will see.

We have our boys name chosen which is a family name on both sides - James smile so Robin would only be a girls name for us.

Thank you for all your answers grin

Both dds have girly names to clarify that point.

MaeveBehave Sun 05-Jan-14 11:20:34

girly names, then I guess you should go with robyn with a Y, although for me that ruins the look of it.

MaeveBehave Sun 05-Jan-14 11:21:58

i take that back. people will read the name and see it in isolation, they won't be reading a list of her and her siblings' names. if they see her they'll know she's a girl, robin for a baby boy very rare. so ignore me, go for Robin!

grin thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now