Callum

(34 Posts)
qazxc Thu 02-Jan-14 15:37:58

Any thoughts? I am trying to come up with shortlists.
Is it too common/popular? Do you immediately think of Callum Best when you hear it?
You can be brutally honest i need the good and the bad.

sleepingbeautiful Thu 02-Jan-14 23:32:57

I like the name a lot. I have only good connotations to it. Makes me think of a strapping, handsome Northern or Scottish man, not a naughty little boy smile It was in our top 10 boys names, and would likely have used it if we'd ended up with twins boys instead of one of each. I don't think the spelling matters too much as I've come across fairly equal amounts of both.

Skrifa Fri 03-Jan-14 03:41:00

My DS1 and 3 are called Connor and Callum! They are anything but naughty and are both performing very well, and my eldest is setting his sights on Oxbridge. DS2 has a name most people on MN seem to love confused

I love Callum! I've met more Calums though. It sounds quite peaceful and soft, in my mind.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 03-Jan-14 04:00:08

I think its ok my friend has had a baby Callan recently I love that its so weird that the 'n' at the end would make such a difference

Skrifa Fri 03-Jan-14 20:59:07

Actually, after a recent thread, DS2's name is supposed to be chavvy too confused so taking advice from me might be a bad idea...grin

Skrifa Is it Brandon? smile

MrsBungle Fri 03-Jan-14 21:13:22

I like it.

Skrifa Fri 03-Jan-14 21:20:04

No soon (althoigh I quite like Brandon).

ha ha - it was just someone on another thread said it was chavvy so I wondered.

I have one so am biased but I love it. I only heard that it is meant to be chavvy after but don't think that my Callum is (of course!). He's also not overly naughty either and defo isn't at school! I also only know one other throughout whole of nursery time and school so far.

I think if you like a name then just use it, don't worry about if it might be used a lot or what others might think of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now