Truly unique names?

(157 Posts)
Seminyak Mon 23-Dec-13 22:45:16

Was just thinking the other day of a girl I was in primary school with, called Jera. Pronounced Jerra, rather than Jeer-a, IYSWIM.

I have never met, heard of, read about any other Jera ever, fictional or real, and it got me thinking about other unique names.

Is there anyone you've met or heard of with a name you've never heard of before or since?

I don't mean yooneek, as in Kate being spelled Kayte, or backwards names like Nevaeh.

Another one I have is Carolie, which I think is lovely, but I suspect there is probably more than one out there.

(Admittedly, I have never googled Jera and don't want to as I want to believe it's truly unique ha smile )

BombayBunty Wed 01-Jan-14 20:01:54

My old Irish boss was Jenty, but known as Mary. Lovely name.

Skiingmaniac Wed 01-Jan-14 20:09:41

Ishbelle
Forbes

And to someone up thread....I went to school with a girl called Minette too....woo!

Anniella instead of Daniella so that is was more unusual!

FetaCheeny Wed 01-Jan-14 21:01:52

Keren - I knew her when I was very young so assumed it was normal but never heard another.
Ilinaya - character in a book and I thought it was pretty but never heard it again.

IsleOfRight Wed 01-Jan-14 21:09:24

There was a Keren in Bananarama wasn't there?

FetaCheeny Wed 01-Jan-14 21:43:44

Possibly. blush

NationMcKinley Wed 01-Jan-14 22:26:53

I know a Keren very well (not the one from Bananarama mind you) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now