Help with name of 3rd baby

(41 Posts)
jazzyjenbo Tue 17-Dec-13 22:00:35

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post!!
I've just found out i'm expecting my 3rd child and am looking for some inspiration.
My DS is Noah Joseph
My DD is Eden Rose
If baby is a boy i have a name but i'm stuck for girls names (got afew thoughts but want to see what u lovely ppl can come up with)
** must be short (got very long surname)
** quiet like quirky/not popular
** biblical??
Thank you .... Cant wait for feedback

jazzyjenbo Sun 21-Sep-14 13:15:20

Hi all.. Thought i'd try and bump this old baby name thread i created last year. Unfortunately i had a mmc but hav now got a new bfp and my favourite game is thinking of baby names..
So to recap my
Ds - noah joseph
Dd - eden rose

Any name suggestions welcome both boys and girls. No W names, doesnt have to be biblical that just seemed to happen as we liked those names best.
Thanks x

ICanTotallyDance Thu 19-Dec-13 23:37:38

Rebecca? Too long, maybe.

Biblical short names:

Esther
Leah
Junia/Julia
Mary
Naomi
Ruth
Delilah?

I don't know...

From your current selection, I think Thea and Isla are lovely names. Aurora is very nice (I wouldn't use it but don't be swayed by that, I think it's gorgeous).

TheGreatCatsby Thu 19-Dec-13 23:30:21

Martha

Lullabyte Thu 19-Dec-13 22:52:24

Thea is gorgeous! Love it - was my grandmother's middle name and at the top of our list had DS been a girl. Much lovelier than Dawn, imho. Also love Elsa.

And you really shouldn't be swayed against Isla - it's beautiful and goes well with your other DC's names. smile

jazzyjenbo Thu 19-Dec-13 22:41:58

Lol never thought of that ... Crossed off list
Do you like Thea??

Thisisaghostlyeuphemism Thu 19-Dec-13 21:25:17

Oh not dawn. You can't avoid the crack jokes.

jazzyjenbo Thu 19-Dec-13 18:26:06

Thank you all for the suggestions, lots to think about now.. Liking dawn and aurora wink

grizzabellia Thu 19-Dec-13 11:53:26

Isla is a lovely name (my daughter's name!) And goes well with your others but be warned it is ridiculously popular (it wasn't when we named her sad) number 8 in charts last year - so if you don't know any yet, you will! Iona is a nice alternative.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 19-Dec-13 11:17:39

Or seasonal ones? Seasons, pagan festivals and goddesses?

lottiegarbanzo Thu 19-Dec-13 11:13:53

Rufus is redhead name too.

If she might be red-headed how about a name referencing sunrise or sunset or morning or evening stars or crepuscular or red animals or plants? You seem to like nature-related names.

Probably not Eve, with Eden.

I'm struggling a bit but Sky, Dawn, Aurora (as in northern / southern lights), Venus (evening star), Phoebe (goddess of the moon). Robin, Holly (Rowan has red berries too of course).

Some more general celestial ones: Celeste, Ursula (little bear - Ursa minor).

jazzyjenbo Thu 19-Dec-13 07:57:48

My kids r little red heads (me and dh both dark) will b spelling it rowEN not AN as i dont like (row-an. Prefer Row-en) like Ed-en) to me both rowen and jude are more male.. X

Wingebag Wed 18-Dec-13 23:52:44

Noah, Eden and ...
Lydia
Libby
Bea

I'm not great with names but I still like to try wink

although Rowan and Rory should technically be used for red heads.

Rowan? that's unisex so you could use it regardless smile

The only Eden I know has a brother Jude. which again could be unisex and I would also suggest Rory - which I've heard used for a girl as well.

jazzyjenbo Wed 18-Dec-13 23:37:26

My boy name is Rowen Edward
(i like jude aswell) x

Lullabyte Wed 18-Dec-13 23:22:17

Isla or Ivy for the win.

If you want to keep with the biblical, you could use Grace or Faith as a middle name.

Although if I were naming your child, I would choose Ivy Magdalene.

Can I ask what your chosen name for a boy is?

Still like Mabel tho smile

Don't worry, it may not be popular where you are, Isla is a Scottish name so is bound to be more popular here. You get all sorts of regional quirks. for example in the very small primary (200 pupils) my children went to, there were 2 Pipers which I would say is a pretty unusual name.

There are also loads of Keirs in their High school (800 pupil) which again is a fairly unusual - My eldest has 4 in his year alone!

Msvee Wed 18-Dec-13 23:11:05

Isla is lovely. Matches other dc perfectly.

Other suggestions.

Ivy
Imogen
Aria
Skye
Mila
Eva
Violet
Lila

jazzyjenbo Wed 18-Dec-13 23:08:49

I like Iona ;-) added to list!

jazzyjenbo Wed 18-Dec-13 23:06:30

I'm not bothered about religious really.. It just happened that my kids names both had biblical roots but just want a nice name..i havnt come across ne islas at the groups clubs i take my kids to and i'm a childminder and havnt come across it.. Didnt realise it was popular :-( mabel is my nanas name and shes 95.. This will b her 18th g-g-c

Other suggestions:

Ariel
Julia
Tamar
Zoe

or, more in tune with Isla:
Ailsa
Iona
Lorna

Is Isla not really popular or is it just because I'm in Scotland?

Other than that, yes it flows well but isn't biblical as far as I know so it has a different root to your other children's names but that wouldn't bother me.

I actually really like Mabel as a first name too.

jazzyjenbo Wed 18-Dec-13 22:25:44

Thank you all for these replies.. Afew were on my possibles list (lois, naomi) ... I'm in UK so lots of old names are very popular at the mo (martha, esther, florence, faith, grace)
My favourite name i had on my list is Isla Mabel
I think Noah, Eden, and Isla flows nicely.
What do u think?? Anymore suggestions would be appreciated x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now