A brother for Genevieve

(36 Posts)
ShatterResistant Tue 10-Dec-13 15:54:08

Hi everyone. So we found out it's a boy! But I can't think of any boys' names I like that meet my admittedly quite strict criteria. Basically, we have a very common, single syllable surname, so figured we could go a little bit fancy with the first names, hence Genevieve, which we love. It's recognisably a name, not crazy or naff, but not common nowadays either. So I'm looking for a similar kind of boys' name. Nothing beginning with a J sound (I don't want them all matchy-matchy) and nothing that makes me sound ridiculously posh when I'm calling them together in the park (think "Genevieve! Cosmo!")

Please help! If we can't come up with something we both like, I'm going to come under serious pressure to name the boy after my father-in-law - lovely man, awful name...

ancientbuchanan Tue 10-Dec-13 22:25:20

Abner used in 19 th century esp in east coast US. No idea where it comes from.

Yes, top of the head. I had to go down the family route with Ds, and there are so many gorgeous names.

Gabriel v nice and goes well with Genevieve. Quite a few of both round US recently, but why not. Gabriel Francis v nice.

IThoughtThat Tue 10-Dec-13 23:03:48

Leander
Leolan

RhondaJean Tue 10-Dec-13 23:05:57

The first name that came into my mind was Monty?

IThoughtThat Tue 10-Dec-13 23:08:28

I have a J named child and a G named child and I have to say it is a bit awkward at times. It doesn't really matter but I still stumble over their names on occasion (and they are nearly adults)

I love the name Genevieve.

IThoughtThat Tue 10-Dec-13 23:09:44

Gabriel is a fab name.

Sylvester
Artemis
Nelson
Lyall
Halbert (Hal)

hoboken Tue 10-Dec-13 23:29:54

Fabian

IThoughtThat Wed 11-Dec-13 00:01:29

Nathaniel. Nat 'n Gen if you like a snappy NN

guccigirly Wed 11-Dec-13 00:09:15

Gabe, Max or Marcus would be fabulous with your daughter's name.

rockybalboa Wed 11-Dec-13 00:19:52

Barnaby.

southerngirl25599 Wed 11-Dec-13 01:25:43

Elias
Leonardo (Leo)
Louis
Tobias

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now