Story

(60 Posts)
Beegey Mon 09-Dec-13 13:33:15

Looking for an unusual but not too daft name for our dc3. Can easily come up with a load of girls names we both love but no luck with boys.

It would be a baby brother for Clover and Asa. Little Story? We also like but don't love Dasheill and Joss...

Donkeylovesmarzipanandmincepie Mon 09-Dec-13 14:56:45

Thaddeus
Seth
Saul
Lorcan
Levi

TheRobberBride Mon 09-Dec-13 14:58:59

I know a little girl called Storee. It really suits her. Not so keen on Story for a boy.

SweepTheHalls Mon 09-Dec-13 15:07:35

Sorry, I really think it is too daft. It just made me think of Toy Story!

KieranTheFlutterbug Mon 09-Dec-13 15:09:09

It's not a name. If you're going to just use random words I'm sure there are nicer ones.

MmeLindor Mon 09-Dec-13 15:10:19

No. It's not a name.

Sorry, but I think you have to go back to the drawing board.

randomquicknamechange Mon 09-Dec-13 15:14:19

Doesn't come across as a name, not like River or Skye or Precious do.
Not sure what to suggest really.

randomquicknamechange Mon 09-Dec-13 15:16:32

What about Sage?

FalalalalalalaFiggy Mon 09-Dec-13 15:19:15

shock

It's not a name just as kettle, calendar or yoghurt isn't you wouldn't use those would you?

CountingStars Mon 09-Dec-13 16:46:40

I know multiple girls called Story, but not boys.

Multiple Counting?? Where do you live? confused

It's awful.
Awful awful awful.

That daft scientologist who was in Dharma and Greg called her kid Story and I remember being highly hmm then too.

UriGeller Mon 09-Dec-13 16:52:40

Oh! I thought you're surname was Story and you were asking for the impending "Little Story"

Yeh, no, its not good. I like weird names but Story...no.

Dory?

runningonwillpower Mon 09-Dec-13 16:54:16

Wouldn't you worry that they might not be tall and everyone called them 'short Story'?

stickysausages Mon 09-Dec-13 16:56:43

Wasn't expecting a name thread! Never heard it as a name, not keen.

I think of two storey house, multi storey.

ErrolTheDragon Mon 09-Dec-13 16:57:03

Sorry, it's too daft. Maybe if you give us an idea of the girl's names you like that would give us some idea what sort of thing you're after.

ErrolTheDragon Mon 09-Dec-13 16:57:45

>Wouldn't you worry that they might not be tall and everyone called them 'short Story'?

would be even worse if they were Tall Story.

HyvaPaiva Mon 09-Dec-13 16:58:40

OP, it's 'Dashiell' not 'Dasheill' - just in case you choose it, you'll need to spell it right grin

Sorry, I don't like 'Story' as a name because it isn't one.

runningonwillpower Mon 09-Dec-13 16:59:01

Errol - fair point.

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Mon 09-Dec-13 17:02:45

I've only ever heard Story used for girls. And it's just not as great a name as Asa, which is fantastic. You've set yourself a hard act to follow there...

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Mon 09-Dec-13 17:06:50

How about

Bram
Leif (maybe not with a sibling named Clover...)
Cyrus
Tal
Zevi

Beegey Mon 09-Dec-13 20:20:25

Thanks for the feedback. It is a name actually, dh is a space nerd and one of his idols is Story Musgrove the astronaut. Without being common/popular in the States, it is used there.

I wouldn't just 'pick a word', it has to sound nice! It doesn't bother me if it isn't a commonly known name/word/whatever - in fact I prefer that. But I do agree that maybe it is erring on the side of a bit too silly even for our eclectic tastes. Kids still got to live with it!

AnAdventure - that is it exactly! I love love love Asa's name, I think it is soulful and just sounds so pleasing on the tongue. I just can't match it sad

Girls names we loved were Marlowe, Farah, Land. Boys names we think are quite nice are Joss, Kit, Holden, Jago (dh dislikes). Dh keen on Leif but I agree it's naff with Clover.

Suggestions gratefully welcome!

SS3J Mon 09-Dec-13 20:32:39

Sefton?

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 09-Dec-13 20:51:00

I love Joss and Kit from your list. Boys names are so much harder than girls, I agree!

I travelled around Nepal with a guy called Clover, had never heard the name again until now!

bundaberg Mon 09-Dec-13 20:51:23

I have an Asa, and we have Joss on our list for this baby (and I have had Clover on previous lists in case of a girl) so you might like some of the rest of my current list:

Cosmo
Beau
Jesse
Sebastian
Joss
Skyler
Kester
Caius/Gaius
Finnian
Josiah

my other children are called Linus and Gabriel

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Dec-13 20:55:42

Never come across Story as a name (although I know Storey as a surname), although I did once teach a Song.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now