Lucy

(35 Posts)
Tikkamasala Sun 10-Nov-13 19:51:18

What do you think of the name Lucy?

I love it, I think it is so cute and sweet but not too childish, a classy name at all ages --- BUT is it too common/popular and boring?

Do you know a lot of Lucy's, more than one Lucy in your child's class etc?

Thankyou!

Pinkbell123 Sun 10-Nov-13 19:54:16

I really like Lucy. It's cute for a baby but nice and grown up as well.

Dh is a teacher and he says he's never taught a Lucy so not popular round here at least.

Umlauf Sun 10-Nov-13 19:54:51

I love it! It's my dsis name but you don't hear it a lot on children these days. It's cute for babies and children but works well on adults too. I teach and haven't had a Lucy for a while (although some Lucinda's, a Lucille and a Lucrezia!)

Yama Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 19:55:35

Great name. Has always been a favourite of mine.

LEMisafucker Sun 10-Nov-13 19:58:23

Well i love Lucy - i would, my DD is called lucy smile There is another lucy in her class at school though, i don't think its particularly popular. My Lucy is christened lucy rather than lucinda or lucille, i think they other names are derivatives of lucy rather than lucy being the shortened version.

St Lucy is the patron saint of light - my DD is named afer Lucy Pevensy from The Chronicles on narnia.

I like it it because its pretty sounding without being overly girly

Ecuador Sun 10-Nov-13 19:58:48

Lovely name, I don't know any at the moment though which is a good thing I guess.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sun 10-Nov-13 19:59:07

My dd is Lucy (so not biased at all smile)

She is in Pre School and the only Lucy there.

ThursdayLast France Sun 10-Nov-13 20:00:00

Classic. Lovely. Suits any age. Thumbs up

treaclesoda Sun 10-Nov-13 20:01:03

I know a few Lucys (well, about 4 under the age of 5) but I wouldn't let that put you off. It's lovely.

Cindy34 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:01:21

Love it. No Lucy's in Y1 class.

Pooka Sun 10-Nov-13 20:01:30

Dd (age10) is a Lucy. I think there is one other Lucy in their school - c420 kids.

I know of another Lucy who is 12yrs old. None at my ds2's preschool.

Live in southeast.

AmberDextrous Sun 10-Nov-13 20:02:17

Love, love love the name Lucy smile

clippityclop Sun 10-Nov-13 20:07:46

I've got one,age 8 only two in whole school. Lovely name.

peggyblackett Sun 10-Nov-13 20:13:41

I have a Lucy. Don't know any others apart from my grown up friend who she is named after. Obviously, I love it!

Tikkamasala Sun 10-Nov-13 20:16:40

This is reassuring on popularity, and I'm glad it's getting a positive reaction. I think because it is such a well known name I was worried. I like the meaning and narnia connection too.

It would definitely be just Lucy and not lucinda etc. I like the simplicity of just Lucy.

Selks Sun 10-Nov-13 20:17:50

Yes, good name. Also like Sally.

My Mum did catsbum face when I told her I was naming DD Lucy and said it's a dogs name. I didn't let that stop me, I think it's pretty and classic.

Tea1Sugar Sun 10-Nov-13 20:21:03

I'm a Lucy. I'm 26. There were four in my class growing up. I hated being known as Lucy "X" by teachers. I guess it's nice to have a name that's still popular but it made me think that I'm not keen on popular names for that reason.

Layl77 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:24:20

Lovely. None in school/ playgroups in sw that I go to.

SecretRed Sun 10-Nov-13 20:25:13

Lovely name that suits all ages.

I also love the name Lucy not DDs name no no no

OnABabyDiet Sun 10-Nov-13 20:25:50

My DD is Lucy, so I'm biased. I don't know any other little Lucys from all my gallivanting around baby/toddler classes and soft play centres!

Never received a catsbum face when I've introduced her, but a lot of people have said what a beautiful and classic name it is.
plus I can call her Lucifer when she's awake at 5am. Again.

MyBoilsAreFab Sun 10-Nov-13 20:26:48

Love it - was our girl's name when had DC1 (boy). Even although it is not an unusual name, I have only ever come across one.

I went to school with a Lucinda, love that also.

RhondaJean Brazil Sun 10-Nov-13 20:28:19

Lucy is lovely. Any Lucy I have know is a really nice and gentle soul.

GreatJoanUmber Sun 10-Nov-13 20:31:22

I know about a dozen; most of them primary school age and under. There is nothing wrong with the name and it sounds nice; but personally I find it a bit bland and diluted, maybe because I know so many.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now