Boys name for a sibling of Jack

(12 Posts)
onenutshortofasnickers Wed 06-Nov-13 16:26:53

We are looking for a boys name but ideally would like it to be short so it can't be nicknamed (silly I know,) and to go with his brother Jack.

Surname is fairly long and starts with a T and we wont have a middle name.

names we like but a lot of friends/family have are- Charlie, Oliver and Matthew
names we like that no one has are- Edward (would shorten to Eddie,) and Harry.

Names we cannot have are- James, John, Jordan, George, Samuel, Freddie, Reuben and William I think.

We are just stumped! Want a traditional English name ideally; thanks if you can help.

I just want a short-list of 3 names, why cant the baby just tell you?! Would make life so, so much easier, we struggles with names last time!

Thanks thanks

moominsville Wed 06-Nov-13 17:31:24

I like Edward/Eddie and Henry.

Other suggestions are Peter, Frazer and Toby.

Bakingtins Wed 06-Nov-13 17:40:40

www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/boy/jack suggests Ben, Finn, Liam, Luke, Max, Owen, Ryan that meet your criteria.

Sibs of other names you like adds Adam, Alex, Daniel, David, Elliot, George, Henry, Liam.

I like Edward but don't think it meets your nickname criteria (Ed, Eddie, Eds, Teddy, Bear) and also Harry

Bowlersarm Wed 06-Nov-13 17:46:17

Edward doesn't fit your criteria of being short so it can't be shortened!

Oscar
Henry
George
Adam
Joel
Josh
Louis

onenutshortofasnickers Wed 06-Nov-13 20:54:50

thankyou for your lists of names!

yes I know Edward is the only name that is long/can't be shortened and ends up with a nickname; but it isn't a must have; if we find 'the' name then I guess it won't matter; will have a look through the names with the dh later and let you know the verdict, we are both equally fussy; which is annoying grin

thankyou

onenutshortofasnickers Wed 06-Nov-13 20:58:17

i quite like Finn, josh has been discussed and looking at it would go very well and has a nice ring, although both the boys will have 'j' names! doesn't matter though smile Luke has been suggested by the dh but is also the name of an ex.....don't think I will be chosing that!

Littlecherublegs Wed 06-Nov-13 20:59:04

The Jack I know has a brother Samuel.

Leon
Nathan
Shaun
Noel
Tom
Ciaran
Ross
Niall
Evan
Ivan
Ivor
Ben
Adam

Littlecherublegs Wed 06-Nov-13 20:59:51

Also love Hayden or Aidan!

Jenijena Wed 06-Nov-13 21:01:40

I think Jack and Harry (Henry) go together lovely..

googlyeyes Thu 07-Nov-13 17:23:40

Jack and Toby are great

Know lots of Jack and Henry siblings, they do seem to 'naturally' go together

Nataleejah Thu 07-Nov-13 17:37:04

Tom, Tommy, Thomas

onenutshortofasnickers Thu 07-Nov-13 22:08:24

hi thanks for the other replies, I know Edward is a long name but it is a nice name and we know our not wanting nickname/needing a short name is silly and illogical lol

I think Harry is really growing on us more and it's nice to hear that you all like it too so Harry might be number 1 atm!

Thankyou for all the name ones unforunately a common one alot of you have suggested is Daddys name smile

Thank you for your help you've all come up with really nice names, time to have a ponder smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now