Help! I can't decide on a girls name! Already have a boy named Noah!

(48 Posts)
Mommafifi Sat 02-Nov-13 20:31:45

Hi All!
I hope doing this right as this is my first ever post!
Me and my OH really can't find a girls name we like or agree on, we already have a little bit called Noah and that came to us straight away, this is proving much more difficult!
The names we like so far are: Minnie (my fave) violet (his fave), florence, nancy, vivenne, etc, but we just can't decide on one, or they just aren't sticking with us? We really like olive but my Sister in Law named her girls Olivia sad!
Please help! any suggestions of classic old names are very very welcome!
Thanks
Mommafifi!

JCMSD Tue 24-Dec-13 20:33:06

Esther?

I like Minnie, makes me think of Minnie Driver first off

lalouche Sun 22-Dec-13 22:53:39

Minnie is kid speak for vagina round our way. It's not used everywhere it seems, but check with a friendly local primary school teacher, because it could be a really unfortunate choice...

cavell Fri 20-Dec-13 19:54:27

Leah
Julia
Lydia
Edith/Edie
Jennifer
Dorothy

barnet Fri 20-Dec-13 19:46:42

Noah and Stella

annielouisa Fri 20-Dec-13 19:32:47

My DD friend has a Hermione who is Minnie for nn.

ginzillas Wed 18-Dec-13 14:05:40

My daughter is Marianne nn Minnie if that's any help! We love it although I anticipate her dropping the nickname as she gets older.

dottypyjamas Mon 11-Nov-13 14:08:56

My first thought for a girls name to go with Noah was Emily but Edie is also nice.

juneybean Sun 10-Nov-13 15:14:34

Love Minnie, possibly will use it myself after ancestors (it wasn't short for anything)

Marli1980 Sun 10-Nov-13 15:11:38

Minnie is cute!

jkklpu Mon 04-Nov-13 18:59:25

NB Be slightly wary about falling in love with a girl's name, must in case it turns out to be a boy: scans can be wrong...

Sleepy678 Mon 04-Nov-13 14:34:21

I loved Minnie for my dd put was put off by MN !
I also loved Martha, Connie & Florence but we decided on my favourite all along which was Nell. She really suits it & is my sweet little Nell x

Nell would work well with Noah. Xx

Littlecherublegs Sun 03-Nov-13 09:27:42

Of all the names mentioned on this thread I like Thea, Martha, Lois and Anna.

Orla
Matilda
Beatrice / Breatrix
Daisy
Frances
Molly
Ivy
Iris
Betsy
Dorothea
April
May
June
!

The Noah I know has a sister Yasmin.

ScoutJemAndBoo Sun 03-Nov-13 09:24:16

Flora
Juliet
Erica
Daisy

ShoeLaRue Sun 03-Nov-13 05:07:10

Robyn
Edie
Marnie
Purdy
Bonnie

sleepingbeautiful Sun 03-Nov-13 04:57:39

I like your list, but if none of them seem like the one, how about:
Bridget (Bridie)
Agatha (Taggie)
Bess
Tess
Thea
Elsie
Maeve
Polly

AuntPittypat Sat 02-Nov-13 22:11:22

I know a gorgeous little girl called Eden, with the nickname Edie. I love it.

I also like the other names on your list. Minnie is cute - the type of name that would make me smile (in a good way, not in a laughing at it sort of way!) if someone introduced their daughter to me with it!

InkleWinkle Sat 02-Nov-13 22:04:33

Lois?

YesterdayI Sat 02-Nov-13 22:03:05

I like all your names except Minnie. What about Genevieve?

Mommafifi Sat 02-Nov-13 21:55:14

Yeah, I have a lot of girls in the family so the names I do like Sally, Lucy, Amanda, are all already taken! I like Martha, and I like Anna/Annie but husband isn't keen! I'll just name the baby when he's out of the room! ;) haha

TreaterAnita Sat 02-Nov-13 21:47:58

In my head, Noah is a biblical rather than just an old fashioned name, so if you want something in keeping, whether you're religious or not (I know a hardened atheist whose kids both have biblical names simply because she liked them) why not go for another biblical name?

How about:

Abigail (Abbie for short)
Anna
Grace
Hannah
Leah
Martha
Naomi
Olive (though I know you have the Olivia issue)
Phoebe
Ruth
Sarah (you could shorten to Sally, which is cute for a kid)
Tabitha

Mommafifi Sat 02-Nov-13 21:42:09

Yes I like Irene, I've just got a thing about wanting to name my lo what I'm going to call it, no nicknames, kind if cruel of me because then they're stuck with it for life and no alternative! Ha

Mommafifi Sat 02-Nov-13 21:32:31

Haha! I once decided I would like a middle name and pretended It was summer! How awful! Haha! At least you picked a cool pretend name, mine was just cheesy!

Oriunda Sat 02-Nov-13 21:31:30

My grandmother was Irene nn Reenie (pronunciation - not sure of spelling though). What about Irene or Irena?

Katekate77 Sat 02-Nov-13 21:30:50

Reenie is cute! I went through a weird phase when I was little where I would pretend my name was Reenie...I remember despairing each time my parents used my real name confused

Mommafifi Sat 02-Nov-13 21:26:47

Yeah I hadn't heard any Florence's until I said Oo what about florence and since then I have heard 5 little girls with that name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now