Girls name vote

(48 Posts)
OnesieTwosie Sat 02-Nov-13 14:25:47

Claudia Rose or
Martha Elizabeth

Which do you prefer? Both middle names are family names but think they work best in those combinations.

Thanks!

Britishseamonkey Mon 04-Nov-13 18:25:58

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't mean rose is boring! I think it's really beautiful ( I actually love flower names as I have one) but my middle name is Louise and I didn't like having the same middle name as loads of my friends, that's all- it can make it feel like a filler name to the person maybe? As I've got older I now really like Louise as a first name, but I wonder if the reason we have fewer Louise's and Anne's now is because 20 years ago it was used so much as a mn. People seem think of them as boring. Be interesting to see how many roses and mae's as first names there are in 20 yrs time
Middle names definitely go round in fashions just as much as first names. It just depends whether or not that matter to you really.

Sleepy678 Mon 04-Nov-13 14:28:42

Martha Rose x

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 03-Nov-13 10:43:52

Claudia Rose.

ALittleBitOfMagic Sun 03-Nov-13 10:39:32

Claudia Rose

lljkk Sun 03-Nov-13 10:28:31

I had Ann as middle name as was common in the place & time.

I wonder what the "filler" middle name for boys is, in recent years. Probably James or John methinks (I used one of each blush ) There are strong family reasons for both, though.

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 03-Nov-13 08:27:45

Martha Rose is lovely

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 03-Nov-13 08:22:43

Sorry- Alexandrite

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 03-Nov-13 08:20:59

I also personally don't think a name that ends in a vowel goes very well with a middle name that starts with a vowel, therefore Elizabeth would be a better mn for a name that ends in a consonant, if that makes sense?!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 03-Nov-13 08:18:32

That old "Rose is a filler/boring/every little girl has it as a middle name" argument gets on my nerves. My dd has Rose as a middle name because I love it, it's beautiful, it goes really well with her first and surnames. Like Alexandria said, it's not because I couldn't be bothered and used it as a filler. Grr! Names need to flow.

On that note, Claudia Rose is lovely, as is Martha Rose. Sound like names that are meant to go together.

Allalonenow Sun 03-Nov-13 02:51:55

Claudia Elizabeth is the best combination for me.

Rose, although pretty enough, is very over used as a middle name, and is just a standard middle name choice, and I don't like Martha at all, I think it sounds harsh and cold.

Claudia is a lovely classy name which will not date, and Elizabeth is a beautiful balance for Claudia.

NadiaWadia Sun 03-Nov-13 02:33:04

Claudia Rose is beautiful.

Martha has a nice enough sound, I suppose, but somehow I always associate it with a harassed housewife, probably because of the biblical(?) story of Mary and Martha.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 03-Nov-13 00:18:27

I know a Rose Elizabeth, so thats what Im going to say.

Perfect name.

Alexandrite Sun 03-Nov-13 00:10:05

I think people pick Rose because they like it rather than because they can't be arsed to think of a name they like so pick a filler name

elcranko Sat 02-Nov-13 22:51:42

Martha Rose

OnesieTwosie Sat 02-Nov-13 22:40:18

I know British, but by the same token many, many women my age have Elizabeth as a mn (I'm mid-thirties).

I actually wish people would stop using Rose as a filler name too so that people like me with grandmothers called Rose can use it without being accused of being boring! smile It's such a beautiful name though, it doesn't lessen that by common usage does it?

Loving the Claudia appreciation btw!

Yika Sat 02-Nov-13 22:36:20

Martha Elizabeth.

Yama Sat 02-Nov-13 22:34:44

Can I plump for Claudia Elizabeth?

Britishseamonkey Sat 02-Nov-13 22:32:15

Defo Elizabeth as. A middle name. Rose and may/mae as a middle name( lovely as they are) are the Louise an Ann where in the 80s - soooooo many little girls with Rose as a middle name....

But that's just me!

Bowlersarm Sat 02-Nov-13 20:23:03

Claudia = lame. confused. Who cares? Someone always trots it out here, and no one would know or care in RL.

I know two gorgeous girls called Claudia and - surprise surprise - neither are lame, just normal lovely girls.

AuntieBrenda Sat 02-Nov-13 20:19:22

Claudia rose is my future DD name so I vote for this!

lljkk Sat 02-Nov-13 20:18:26

Claudia Elizabeth.
(Sorry, don't mean to be awkward, but am bored of Rose as middle name, lovely as first name).

NOBODY ever points out that James means lame, too. confused

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Nov-13 20:09:13

That gets trotted put on here everytime Claudia us mentioned but I'd never heard if it before joining MN and on most Claudia threads it gets disproved anyway.

OP don't let it put you off the name, its beautiful, common enough nit to be weird and unusual enough not to be common. Plus the only little Claudia I know is a beaut! smile

onlyentropycomeseasy Sat 02-Nov-13 20:05:10

Martha Rose - Claudia is derived from Claudus, meaning lame or crippled. I would not consider it for this reason.

DramaAlpaca Sat 02-Nov-13 18:18:28

Claudia Rose

Francesa Sat 02-Nov-13 18:17:18

I really like Claudia, not a common name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now