Opinions and Other Suggestions please! (Girls names)

(48 Posts)
CountingStars Wed 30-Oct-13 22:03:08

Hi,
Have posted on here before as me and DH are trying to come up with names for our triplets. Going for a nature theme.
Already have two DD - April and Autumn.

Ivy
Skye
Clover/Clove
Rain/Raine/Rayne
Rose/Rosa
Honey
Ember
Storm
Terra
Raven

DH really likes Ember, I love Terra, just not sure how well they would go with other names.
Would like general opinions on names, and also which you think would go best together, and any other suggestions.
Thanks everyone.

CountingStars Thu 31-Oct-13 17:56:46

Would appreciate some more replies.

MerryMarigold Thu 31-Oct-13 21:45:07

Oh, Clementine is lovely and not at all babyish.

Wow, congrats on the triplets. How far are you?

Skye is a bit 'been there, done that' I think even though it does go nicely with other names. I think the others are a lot more unusual.

How about Tierra? It's a bit less like 'terrible' than Terra.

Hazel is very nice.

I know a Barley (girl), which I like.

Posie?

Dawn (It's such a lovely word and due a revival)

I personally really like Ember, to me it is a bright spark, but I think you'd have to have very dark eyed girls with shiny eyes that light up a room (like my dd! That name would so suit her). Not so keen on Terra - sorry.

CountingStars Thu 31-Oct-13 22:35:36

I do like Clementine, I just can't picture it on anyone older than about 12. But I guess everyone has their own opinion on names! I am due in December/January.

Our dog is called Barley, so I like the name, but, you can see why we can't really use it!

I think Hazel and Eve are our top two right now.

Do you think two E names would be pushing it?

Retroformica Fri 01-Nov-13 06:54:30

Ember, Skye and Luna

Aurora, Stella and Fleur

takeitonthegin Fri 01-Nov-13 10:15:52

Some of the names suggested are so unusual and beautiful.

I think Laurel and Sienna are very pretty and a bit autumnal.

Congratulations smile

Well, Holly, Robyn and Stella or Eva would be nature + festive season but perhaps you like a bit more unusual.

I know a grown up Clementine- very timeless name. With Nicolette and Seraphina?

Good luck!

I think Aurora, Luna and Tara go really well together. Of your original list Ivy, Raine and Raven are my favourites but Raine and Raven might be too similar.

CountingStars Fri 01-Nov-13 12:13:16

What are the meanings of Laurel and Sienna? Thank you.

HuglessDouglas, I really like Raine/Raven and Eve/Ember, but I know I shouldn't pick more than one of the same letter, so hard!

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Fri 01-Nov-13 12:14:49

Ember, Olive and Fearne

ohmymimi Fri 01-Nov-13 12:33:13

Sorrell, Baye, Tansy.

onelittlepiglet Fri 01-Nov-13 12:48:05

How about:

Seren (means star in welsh)
Wren
Aurora (meaning dawn)
Isla
Iona
Iris
Heather
Pearl
Clover
Coral
Fern
Laurel
Sorrel

I think you could get away with Eve and Ember better than Raine/Raven because they don't end with the same sound smile

takeitonthegin Fri 01-Nov-13 16:57:57

op Sienna is Italian and describes an orangey brown colour.

Laurel means The Bay (latin) but there is also a laurel plant.

CountingStars Fri 01-Nov-13 17:44:43

Thank you takeitonthegin.

Sorry to be slightly facetious but if these are your last children how about Xanthe, Yasmin and Zinnia?

MerryMarigold Sat 02-Nov-13 09:31:27

I think if you have 2 A's already, I don't see why 2 E's are a problem. However, I don't see 'Eve' as going so well with the other names. You may just need a bank of names and hand them out when born. I spent a week naming my twins as I went off my pre-planned names a week before they were born. My boy ended up with a name I had never considered, and I love it. He was in Special Care for a week and was just called 'Twin 2', bless him!

Laurel is GORGEOUS (as in the tree).

MerryMarigold Sat 02-Nov-13 09:32:37

Oh, have to say I really hate Raven. It sounds a bit evil and spooky to me. Ravens are not nice.

1805 Sat 02-Nov-13 19:29:56

April, Autumn, Ivy, Skye, and Willow.

Ihatepeas Sat 02-Nov-13 19:39:16

I love love love 1805s suggestion!!! Totally gorgeous!

mewmeow Sat 02-Nov-13 20:06:32

Raine, Niamh (pronounced 'neve') as someone has already suggested & Megan ? I think they sound nice together, other nice names that are a bit unusual/ Celtic sounding Tamsin, Tegan, Zara, Tamara, Damaris.

imofftolisdoonvarna Sat 02-Nov-13 21:14:36

Oooh, I like Raine.

Also from other suggestions on this thread I like Laurel, Stella, Fearne and Seren.

Really don't like Raven (as Merry said, Ravens are not nice!) or Terra (terror!)

Congratulations on your triplets.

MerryMarigold Mon 04-Nov-13 11:00:57

April, Autumn, Ivy, Laurel and Ember

pickledsiblings Mon 04-Nov-13 11:16:33

I met a lady called Rosina the other day, it's a lovely name I think and would go well with Hazel and Eve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now