Just how popular is Matilda?

(13 Posts)
ProphetOfDoom Mon 28-Oct-13 23:26:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mydaftlass Mon 28-Oct-13 23:08:54

I think it depends where you are. Only 1 at our large primary.

Jojay Mon 28-Oct-13 23:06:55

There are 2 Matilda's in the Yr 3 class at our school, and 2 Tilly's in reception.

I don't know any baby ones though so maybe it's peak of popularity was a few years ago.

YummyMummybee Mon 28-Oct-13 23:02:24

Ah the indecision is awful, Im now loving Daisy Matilda instead of Daisy Georgina... Dh isn't too keen as Georgina id s family name & Matilda has no relevance to us except I love it!

Rtfairy Mon 28-Oct-13 21:01:52

We really have the same taste in names, Daisy and Matilda are on my list. Not sure about popularity though, trying not to let that influence my decision.

Coupon Mon 28-Oct-13 10:59:47

Stick with Daisy Georgina smile

MrsBungleScare Mon 28-Oct-13 08:23:41

I know far more Matilda's and Daisy's than Florence's. I only know 2 Florence's 's and one of them is 70.

Littlecherublegs Mon 28-Oct-13 08:21:11

I don't know any Matilda's either but do love the name.
I know one Daisy and one Molly - think they sound like great sibling names and the 'M' for both DDs would put me off so I would choose Daisy over Matilda if I were you.

elcranko Mon 28-Oct-13 07:22:27

I don't know any Matildas at all! I think that Daisy 'goes' better with Molly though.

sleepywombat Mon 28-Oct-13 00:54:18

I know a lot of little Matildas. Like it though!

NewbieMcNewbie Mon 28-Oct-13 00:41:50

I find Matilda a bit cutesy, not regal at all, although I am well aware there was once a British Queen Matilda.

I think it would be a bit odd with Molly as you'd get Matty or Milly or Tilly and that's just too twee for words as a sibling set.

It's probably about as popular/common as Florence atm but I reckon it'll be even higher on next years ONS list because of the London stage show Matilda.

I do quite like it, just wouldn't put it with Molly.

3boysgirlontheway Mon 28-Oct-13 00:39:53

I know more girls called Matilda than I do girls called Florence. I think it is already more popular (on a global scale) than Florence, even if the UK stats don't back that up.

YummyMummybee Mon 28-Oct-13 00:08:40

Me again! We have 99% decided on Daisy Georgina for Dd2, however really like Matilda also. We have a little Molly already so the same initials is what's outputting....
However I love Matilda, always thought it was slightly posh & sounds quite regal.
Anyways going with Daisy but could sway. So just how popular is Matilda & is it set to become the next big name like say Florence? Ps love the Nn Tilly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now