A sister for Rose

(13 Posts)

I'm due in a few weeks time, and we just cannot agree on names for a girl. Any suggestions what would go lovely with DD1 Rose? On our short list we have;

Eimear
Susannah
Victoria
Mary
Elisabeth
Anna
Carolina
Rebecca

What do you think? Thank yóu thanks

RadagastTheBrown Thu 24-Oct-13 22:57:53

Elanor - with DD1 being Rose, this is a flower inspired name from Lord of the Rings.

emmyloo2 Fri 25-Oct-13 05:31:09

Oooh great selection. I love all of them except the first and that's because I am not familiar with it. All the other ones were on our list at one point, except we had Caroline, not Carolina. Interestingly I always intended to called DD Rose and then changed my mind. My DD is Victoria so of course I think that is fabulous but otherwise I would choose Susannah, Anna or Rebecca I think. Elizabeth is a little more popular and so I would discount that on that basis alone, although it is lovely. Mary is very nice but perhaps a little plain next to Rose? and would it sound like Rosemary when you were calling both of them?

But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Rtfairy Mon 28-Oct-13 21:30:42

Anna or Elisabeth smile

Chottie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:17:35

Violet or Lillie smile

TombOfMummyBeerest Tue 29-Oct-13 03:36:22

Mary or Victoria

KeatsiePie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:41:21

You've got my name on there!!! Ridiculously pleased for some reason. Go with that one grin

And not Mary btw. b/c saying "this is Rose, and Mary" will start to feel too much like you are saying "this is Rosemary."

FloatingHandle Tue 29-Oct-13 03:44:09

Eimear or Elisabeth

KeatsiePie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:47:15

Oh -- emmylou said the Rosemary thing already. Was preoccupied by the presence of my name blush

How do you pronounce Eimar?

Susannah, for sure. Beautiful name, loads of nickname options. It flows well, too- two short names can sound odd together for siblings sometimes. She could be a Susie/Annie/Anna/Suze etc; and it's just beautiful!

sleepingbeautiful Tue 29-Oct-13 04:37:06

I'd choose Victoria or Susannah from your list. I wouldn't choose Anna for the same reasons people have given for Mary.
Other suggestions:
Helena
Laura
Cecilia
Lydia

smithwillsam Tue 29-Oct-13 05:56:13

Well, Susannah is such a beautiful name. It flows well, too - Two nicknames can sound odd together for sibling sometimes. The name Susannah is thought to have originated from the Biblical name 'Shoshannah' which meant a lily or a rose.
http://www.babynology.com/meaning-susannah-f1.html

Hattie103 Tue 29-Oct-13 07:29:18

One of my middle names is Rose, the other is Lysbeth. I think they go well together but I could be biased ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now