Hit me with your favourite Scandinavian boys name(s)

(113 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Sun 20-Oct-13 11:42:51

Just that really. Expecting DS1 and thinking of Casper, but want to explore other / more Scandinavian options.

What do you think of Sven? Is Thor too odd?

Or how about Gustav?

Yika Tue 22-Oct-13 22:19:39

I love Gustav, it's one of my favourite names.

How about Olli or Olaf? Ranulf?

AngusMcFife Wed 23-Oct-13 04:14:33

Ahhhh. This thread makes me very happy :D. I love Scandinavia and Scandinavian names. Other names I think are lovely, aside from most of what's already been said, are Sigurd, Svein, Roald and Sivert.
Admittedly I'm big on the Norwegian side of things. However, I work with a Torben (live in Scotland) and think that it's a brilliant name

CoolStoryBro Wed 23-Oct-13 04:19:57

Jonni pronounced Yoni. Very MN.

WinnieF Wed 23-Oct-13 04:33:21

Malthe
Theis
Lukas
Sebastian
August
Mads

ImAFrequentNameChanger Wed 23-Oct-13 13:11:49

I love Soren & Lars.

Frikadellen Wed 23-Oct-13 17:39:22

Grew up in Denmark

VERY surprised to se someone say Soren is a old mansname where I live it is a solid standard (like George) you always know someone with that name I love it and dd3 has the feminine version as her middle name.

Always liked Lars Other suggestions would be

Aksel
Klaus
Niels
Svend-Erik
Jens
Ole
Jens-Ole
Torben
Magnus (though not sure i would in the UK due to how harsh the G gets pronounced)
Jesper
Hans
Mattias
Morten
Evald

bundaberg Wed 23-Oct-13 19:20:42

i'm really loving Jesper. I think oi would maybe get exasperated with explaining that it isn't Jasper though <sigh> might put it on my list anyway

PunkyPod Wed 23-Oct-13 19:51:31

Jussi, juha, Immo, Taneli, Leo, Lexa, Sami, Marko, Ville, Mikael, Onni, Ossi, Otso, Pekka.

Wildwaterfalls Wed 23-Oct-13 20:31:19

Some great names here. Quite like Torben and Hans. Becoming quite attached to Gustav and Linus too though! Thanks all

BeyondAnyFuckingJoke Thu 24-Oct-13 23:02:23

DS1 was very nearly øyvind

BeyondAnyFuckingJoke Thu 24-Oct-13 23:03:04

Or sami

moas Fri 25-Oct-13 14:26:26

My ds1 is called Axel, gets good feedback all the time. We live in UK, in Sweden I wouldn't have picked it, too common there. Currently expecting dc2. If it's a boy we're considering Gusten, Tor, Olof, Loke.
Mind Axel can be spelled Aksel too, more Norwegian than Swedish. Will follow the thread to pick up ideas myself!

Wildwaterfalls Fri 25-Oct-13 21:00:51

I like Axel a lot moas! It is on the list. Congratulations on DC2 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now