Florence, Daisy or Poppy to suit DDs name?

(29 Posts)
YummyMummybee Sat 12-Oct-13 23:41:33

Hi I posted a thread already on quaint girls names, these are the ones we absolutely love!!! So DD is Molly, our middle name is going to be Nora(family name which we also love)
so
Florence Nora & Molly
Daisy Nora & Molly
Poppy Nora & Molly,
The middle name will be seldom used so don't let that sway your judgement, which sounds best with Molly. Btw, I know Molly & Poppy/Daisy will be overly cutsie for some MN's but I adore cutesey! I have a very mature, opposite of cute boring, harsh name & always wanted a cute, fun name(am 34 now & still haven't grown into my name!!)

Mim78 Mon 14-Oct-13 17:13:31

I like Florence

SatinSandals Mon 14-Oct-13 17:18:29

Florence

YummyMummybee Mon 14-Oct-13 17:41:47

Thanks for the replies, I think Poppy is out, doesn't sound as well as the other 2 with our last name. I love Daisy so much & love that it can't be shortened as I'm not a big fan of nicknames. As much as I love Florence I hate the nicknames Flo, Floss, Flossie or Florriesad Inevitably she will get called one of those 4. Prince Harry's ex Florence was even known as Flee!!! If it wasn't for the nicknames Florence would be first choice hands down....

Re the posters suggesting Nora as a first name, not possible unforunately as my own name is a variation of Nora & I don't want to name baby after me even though some people do & its lovely but its not me!!

mathanxiety Tue 15-Oct-13 03:28:10

Would you consider Honor? It has some of the spelling of Nora without being Nora, and echoes the O sound of Molly without being rhymey. Honor Florence?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now