Lottie or Juno?

(21 Posts)
DitsyDonkey Tue 08-Oct-13 18:28:32

I have just added Lottie to my list of names for for a future dd. Juno is a long time love.....but sometimes I feel it sounds too manly, though I also like the fact that IMO it has a mystical feel to it.....my weird mind lol!!!

I like the sweet feel of Lottie, I previously loved Posy but because it rhymes with our surname (similar to Trophy bar one letter) we have vetoed it sad I think Lottie is along the same lines as Posy!

So advice and opinions much appreciated please smile

polkadotsrock Tue 08-Oct-13 18:34:00

I like Juno but that's because people not pronouncing the double t in Lottie properly would bug me- I'm quite aware that this is my personal bugbear though and both names are lovely

daughterofafarmer Tue 08-Oct-13 18:38:18

Juno, I love this name. Wanted it for DC2 but 'it's' a DS. Might need to go for DC3 gringrin

Other name we had was Lara.

DownstairsMixUp Tue 08-Oct-13 18:44:35

I love the name Lottie *mentally notes it for any possible future DD*)

TeaAndCakeOrDeath Tue 08-Oct-13 19:00:46

Please dont use Juno because its my name if we ever stop having boys!

Just kidding OP but as you can tell I love it so that'd be my choice...

valiumredhead Tue 08-Oct-13 19:23:20

Lottie. Beautiful name. Really dislike Juno and have yet to hear it even mentioned outside of MN.

Juno smile love it

HadALittleFaith Tue 08-Oct-13 19:43:38

I like Juno but I wonder if it will seem dated in the future. Lottie is lovely smile Juno as a middle name?

Coupon Tue 08-Oct-13 20:24:42

Juno

ImaginaryHat Tue 08-Oct-13 22:41:36

Juno for me too

Juno - it's Classic

bouncingbelle Wed 09-Oct-13 16:50:06

Lottie for sure, it's gorgeous. Juno just....isn't.

DottyboutDots Thu 10-Oct-13 05:22:40

Charlotte for Lottie. Giving a nickname is very limiting. Love Juno.

Anjou Thu 10-Oct-13 06:00:51

Juno is lovely. Very popular seemingly on MN, but I only know 2 in RL. Lovely strong but feminine name that works for all ages.

Lottie is very sweet (I really like & possibly prefer Lotta, but this might encourage some undesirable nicknames .. "Whole lotta love" etc?!). The thing is, with Lottie, Posey etc, they are SO sweet they may not suit a teenager or fully frown woman. Choosing a 'full' name and using the sweet nn may be a good idea?

Good luck OP! smile

MrsZimt Thu 10-Oct-13 06:33:53

I love Lottie. Would name her Charlotte (a long time favourite of mine I could not persuade dh to use, on either daughter).

I like Juno too. It's unusual but not a pain to spell, if it's a long time love then use it!

Our daughters have unusual but easy to spell names, there are no other girls I know with dd1's name (one left school with a levels when dd1 was year8) and there is one girl in dd2's primary with her name.

Juno, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

smithwillsam Thu 10-Oct-13 08:13:45

Both names are good. Juno is a lovely name, But would not be used for child name because it’s my favorite as dogy name. Lottie as a first name gives independently nature and it sounds very cute.

Lottystar Thu 10-Oct-13 18:10:19

Are you naming her after me Ditsy? wink

I love both names actually, Juno is a bit hippy like but mega cute.

I'm a Charlotte, but it's shortened to Charlie / Lottie and I've always liked it xx

DitsyDonkey Fri 11-Oct-13 09:45:28

Hey Lotty you know your my inspiration grin

Lottystar Sun 13-Oct-13 13:05:29

grin xx

VBisme Sun 13-Oct-13 13:08:37

Please call her Charlotte NN Lottie so that she can be the ubercool Charlie when she turns into a teen.

ginzillas Sun 13-Oct-13 13:15:50

We had Charlotte on our faves list, with nickname Lottie. Love it although we've met quite a few Lotties at playgroups and it seems pretty popular. So it depends on whether that would bother you. Juno is very different in feel and more unusual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now