Help me love one of these names...

(73 Posts)

Following on from the 'I can't use Rufus anymore sad' thread,help me fall in love with one of these,please.

Siblings are Skye and Arlo,sir name is double barrelled.
I'd love to hear any nn's you can think of for them and/or a FN MN combo.

flowers

Caspar
Oisin
Pip
Errol
Torin
Idris
Asa
Jude
Wilbur (Bertie)
Phineas
Emery
Oswin
Kip
Taliesin
Sorren

Maryz Tue 08-Oct-13 17:47:49

You need to go back to the R names.

Use Rohan. Not the Indian Row-Han, but the Irish Row-un (with the emphasis on the first syllable) but spelled Rohan. It means Red, so is the same as Rufus.

Rohan Caspar is good. And you could call him Ro (which you could make to sound like Ru) for short.

I don't like Rohan. Reminds me of LOTR

Maryz Tue 08-Oct-13 18:00:11

Oh, well, see if I care.

<sulks>

grin

You do know your only alternative is to use Rufus and leave the family, don't you?

sleepcrisis Tue 08-Oct-13 18:11:16

Why don't you call him Asa Rufus? Then if you really regret not using rufus you can change your mind! I know loads of people go go by their middle names, some decided as an adult but I know two who's parents just decided to switch them round when they were babies.

TeaAndCakeOrDeath Tue 08-Oct-13 18:16:34

I know this will be of very little use in helping you decide but I had to post to say I LOVE Sorren wonders if I can talk DP into DC3

Digby?

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 08-Oct-13 20:28:35

I love Torin, Asa and Jude

I love your DDs names to. You have great name taste and for what it's worth I didn't see your other thread but i don't like Rufus I much prefer the others grin

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 08-Oct-13 20:29:13

Sorry other DCs not DDs

Thankyou grin

FTRsMammy Tue 08-Oct-13 20:40:44

Torin is lovely, as Is Taliesen smile

kelda Tue 08-Oct-13 20:43:13

I know a boy called Roman.

dimdommilpot Tue 08-Oct-13 20:49:54

If dc2 is a boy he will be Asa Jude or Arlo Jude (i think) so Asa gets my vote as you have an Arlo.

Ham69 Tue 08-Oct-13 20:57:08

I love Caspar, Wilbur and Taliesen and think they go really well with your other DC.
Not keen on Kip but love Kit.

Skye, Arlo and Kit.

maishoffwcingras Tue 08-Oct-13 22:35:03

Caspar - not keen
Oisin - love
Pip - really like but more of a nickname
Errol - cute
Torin - no
Idris- love
Asa - not for me
Jude - like
Wilbur (Bertie) - cute
Phineas - no
Emery - no
Oswin - no
Kip - yes
Taliesin - ok but bit of a mouthful
Sorren - no, makes me think of malt loaf sorry

favourites are: Oisin, Idris & Wilbur

Rotterwallah Tue 08-Oct-13 22:42:24

Doesn't Soren only have one r?

I think Caspar goes best with your others if that's a consideration

BadCopNoDonut Tue 08-Oct-13 22:48:27

Digby or Jude.

Or Digby Jude.

There, done!

WeightyKaty Tue 08-Oct-13 22:51:41

Idtris and Asa are on my list smile

sparklechops Tue 08-Oct-13 22:57:59

Love Jude. It goes really well with your other DC's names.

baskingseals Tue 08-Oct-13 23:02:52

What about Jocelyn?

Joss is very cool.

LillyNotOfTheValley Wed 09-Oct-13 00:33:18

1- Soren (with only one "r", Scandinavian spelling), unusual and strong. Soren Jude is great imo.
2- Caspar with mn Oisin (am biased but same comment). DH has Kaz as a nn, finds it pretty cool. He used to go by Zak when a lot younger and fun
3- Phineas, you could use Finn also that way. (Skye, Arlo and Finn sound great together).

LillyNotOfTheValley Wed 09-Oct-13 00:54:04

*Light bulb moment OP after reading your other thread*: why do not you use Caspar and find a mn starting with "U" (easier said than done, I know). You would get your "Ru" that way! smile

emmyloo2 Wed 09-Oct-13 08:09:06

Not having read your other thread, please use Rufus! It's truly fabulous.

But if you can't: I love Errol, Wilbur and Jude. Someone also mentioned Otis which is fantastic. I love these types of names and would have named my son something along these lines but for DH and his boring taste.

Caspar is also nice...

pygmy Wed 09-Oct-13 09:12:07

Phineas nn Finn. For sure.

EasyCompadre Wed 09-Oct-13 09:49:53

It's got to be either Caspar Jude or Taliesin Caspar... Wonderful names, you have great taste!

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Wed 09-Oct-13 09:55:39

For the love of all things fluffy. You can use Rufus. Once you have this baby and stop being a hormal mess you will see that is it Not A Problem and regret not using it. Those of us who aren't about to drop speak sense. Use Rufus. <<< Bloody hell, another sentence I never though would cross my lips keypad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now