what am I going to call my baby?!?!?!

(20 Posts)
DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Sat 21-Sep-13 23:16:55

I think I'm back on Samuel George for now! Thanks for suggestions so far, now I just need the baby to arrive!!

picnicbasketcase Sat 21-Sep-13 20:23:56

Samuel, Charlie and Geirge are all lovely names.

nightcircus Sat 21-Sep-13 20:16:53

I like Samuel a lot.
David?

hgriff80 Sat 21-Sep-13 19:16:46

we have a Maxwell (max) and are considering a Hugo? or Oscar?

CoolStoryBro Sat 21-Sep-13 13:59:08

I like Reggie!

miffybun73 Sat 21-Sep-13 13:53:28

Daniel/Dan
William/Will
Joseph/Joe

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 21-Sep-13 13:49:13

Arthur
Albert
Emrys
Edwin
Julian

Playdoughcaterpillar Fri 20-Sep-13 13:29:47

Aiden
Alastair
Reuben
Isaac
Dominic
Rory

soaccidentprone Fri 20-Sep-13 13:24:58

Sam, Thomas, Jacob, William, Alfred, Joshua, and Harry are all very popular in the secondary school age bracket.

elcranko Fri 20-Sep-13 12:21:48

Thomas
Jacob
Benjamin

Littlecherublegs Fri 20-Sep-13 11:50:09

Samuel George is nice. Or how about George Samuel?

Not keen on Charlie and really dont like Charles!

Edward is ok but would get shortened to Ed / Eddie which I dislike and James is gorgeous but would get shortened to Jim / Jimmy which again I dont like.

Jack is good - Jack Alexander? Jack Sebastian?

I know an Oliver with a brother Thomas.

Or how about:
Matthew
Simon
Christian
Adam
Marcus / Martin
Joseph (love this!!)

Good luck and congratulations!!!!!

bananamummy Fri 20-Sep-13 11:25:03

Nice traditional underused names:
Adrian
Quentin
Clement
Victor
Miles

Agree that Jack, Charlie and even Sam are very widely used already.

KateCroydon Fri 20-Sep-13 11:22:16

Are you an Arsenal fan? Charlie George is one of their greats. Not saying that's a bad thing.

WaspInTheHouse Fri 20-Sep-13 11:20:36

Edmund
Howard
Daniel

soaccidentprone Fri 20-Sep-13 11:19:37

Joseph
Sydney
Arthur

peacypops Fri 20-Sep-13 11:17:22

I was due yesterday too! We have really struggled with boys' names but think we have finally decided on Robin. We also liked Thomas, Henry, Felix, Reuben but for one reason or another none were quite right. My friend has an Oliver and a Tom.
Good luck - hope you are not kept waiting too long!

Pancakeflipper Fri 20-Sep-13 11:10:31

William ? I like Will and Bill.

Robert?
Andrew?
Jacob?

jobwoes Fri 20-Sep-13 11:08:24

You could use Sam on its own. I wouldn't have thought of Hugh but now Seashell has suggested it, it does go rather well with Oliver, as does Hugo. Charlie is well-established as a name in its own right, I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise why not have a read of the top 100 boys names for inspiration: www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/aug/12/top-100-baby-names-2012-girls-boys-list

But if Harry is too popular, Jack (at no. 3) and Charlie (at no. 4) may also be too popular for you (and I don't blame you for wanting not to use a very popular name).

What about Barnaby?

SeashellHoarder Fri 20-Sep-13 09:50:10

How about Hugh? I love this name and it is traditional and very underused.

Alistair?

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Fri 20-Sep-13 09:42:24

Due date was yesterday, having a 'surprise' although I suspect its a boy. If its a girl very likely she would be called Amy Victoria.

DS is called Oliver John.

Boys names in the running at the moment are Samuel George and Charlie George. Samuel would deff be shortened to Sam as to be honest am not overly keen on Samuel. Charlie I really like but not sure about giving a shortened name as a name iyswim, and I really dislike
Charles so deff wouldn't use it!

I like Jack but what middle name goes with it? Like Harry but not having it as way too popular round here. Don't like Henry. Quite like James but don't love it, same with Edward.

Want traditional rather than modern/trendy.

Any other suggestions? DS wants to call it Marigold, DH wants to call it Reggie - I say no to both!

HELP!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now