What do you think about Georgia?

(63 Posts)
carrottopper Sun 15-Sep-13 12:05:35

We've picked Georgia. At first I felt it was a strong but feminine name but now I'm worried its too masculine.

What does the name suggest to you?

hawkmcqueen Tue 17-Sep-13 20:32:05

It's the top runner for us! It is neither common (well used) nor common (class related) where I live. However I am aware of the connotations on the name and it does niggle me! Watch this space...

CPtart Tue 17-Sep-13 20:37:01

Much much prefer Georgina.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 17-Sep-13 21:06:08

I've got to day before this thread I've never heard a bad one and I started a 'Georgia' thread last year all very positive. It might be a southern thing because in the midlands and north its a non issue not overly popular and is seen as a nice name not common in any sense smile

strawberryswing Tue 17-Sep-13 21:07:37

Gorgeous. Biased because I have one but I've had very positive comments on her name smile

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 17-Sep-13 21:07:55

Not keen - it just reminds me of the US state. It was also v. popular a few years ago round here (South). Prefer Georgina, which I think is classy.

ToffeeCaramel Tue 17-Sep-13 21:27:41

I know of a 6 year old who is known as Georgie. (I'm not sure if it's short for Georgina or Georgia.) I really like Georgie.

Lancelottie Tue 17-Sep-13 21:55:04

Carrottopper, the same class does have a Florence, and an India, i believe.

InStyle Wed 18-Sep-13 04:03:25

I like it but it is very popular. I know and know of quite a few. Still love Georgie for a baby girl though, seriously considered it.

I like it, as someone else said strong but still feminine. When she gets to a certain age, she and/or her friends will choose what she gets called, so be sure you like Georgie, George and Gee etc

missnevermind Wed 18-Sep-13 06:31:49

My 2 year old is Georgie. NN George.
But everybody assumes it is short for Georgia.

Shellywelly1973 Fri 20-Sep-13 00:52:24

Lovely name. There is a Georgia in our family.

coraltoes Fri 20-Sep-13 12:58:43

i LOVE it. Was thinking today if i ever had another i'd go for Georgia. Love NN georgie or george (little women!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now