Hendrix

(63 Posts)
dirtyface Fri 13-Sep-13 16:31:09

for a boy

what do people think? it just came to me today

(btw am only 8+1 so a long way to go and obvs no idea what i am having yet grin )

GrandstandingBlueTit Sat 14-Sep-13 02:34:03

I would assume the parents were really, really young - the sort of young where being and out and proud super-fan is seen as a cool thing. They would probably have unframed posters of Jimi blu-tacked on their walls.

MummyBeerest Sat 14-Sep-13 03:22:02

I like it. As a middle.

SelectAUserName Sat 14-Sep-13 05:38:18

I think squoosh summed up the problem I have with it: it's still too linked with one person so immediately says "aging rocker parents who really loved 'Purple Haze'".

DropYourSword Sat 14-Sep-13 08:10:18

Trent
Rob
James
Ronnie
Toki
Layne

hawkmcqueen Sat 14-Sep-13 08:27:58

I love it, I was a super fan, the closest nod I got was calling my son James :-) although this ties in with what bluetit said, posters on walls. If I'd had my son as a teenager he'd been called Hendrix.

It sounds cool in its own right though and kids won't know the reference so I say yes!

MrsDeVere Sat 14-Sep-13 10:00:18

I chose it because I liked it.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 14-Sep-13 12:11:09

I like it. It's not my style (because I'm a bit boring with boys names) nor would it sound "right" to people who knew me iyswim?

Definitely a cool name though.

TwoStepsBeyond Sat 14-Sep-13 12:25:04

I always just think of that image of him with smoke streaming up his face, so to me it says 'stoner'.

Is that what you're looking for in your child's name?

lljkk Sat 14-Sep-13 12:33:21

Thumbs up from me.

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 14-Sep-13 12:51:47

Truly awful. Why not 'Huey Lewis' like Borats fictional son?

BOF Sat 14-Sep-13 12:57:27

Iggy is my boy's name! But I'm not pregnant, nor will I ever be, so you can have it grin.

I would actually have the full name Ignatius though, as it was my Grandad's middle name (Catholic family).

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 14-Sep-13 13:00:51

I know an Iggy, if he was born either a bit earlier or later (not sure which) he would have been Aloysius (Al u ish us).

MrsDeVere Sat 14-Sep-13 15:37:38

Billie Holiday was a heroin addict.
My daughter never turned to smack despite being named for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now