Gina?

(10 Posts)
MadBusLady Fri 06-Sep-13 18:53:30

Gigi is gorgeous. If I had any Italian heritage at all I would really go to town on fabulous girly-yet-substantial names envy

setti Fri 06-Sep-13 18:49:33

We are Anglo-Italian... our families have the tendency to be very stereotypical <diplomatic>

Thank you. I have an acquaintance who shortens to Gigi which I think is really cute for a little one as well.

MadBusLady Fri 06-Sep-13 18:34:30

I love it. I think depending on context it can be fun and informal but also elegant, and it can't be shortened (other than Gini pr. Jeannie which is just lovely). It's indisputably feminine but also strong. I've seen it stand for the French name Ginette if that appeals?

Are you Italian/American, do you live in America, are you trashy? If no to all the above, ignore SIL. We can't universally culture-proof all our names.

setti Fri 06-Sep-13 18:16:56

Thank you.
I don't like Georgina really, I just like Gina. Ugh, she's really put me off.

TallulahBetty Fri 06-Sep-13 17:51:11

Short for Georgina? I like it!

squoosh Fri 06-Sep-13 16:59:54

I think Gina Lollobrigida.

I certainly wouldn't say 'trashy' but it's a saucy, voluptuous kind of name.

looki Fri 06-Sep-13 16:44:54

Perhaps Georgina and then shorten it?
Reminds me of Gina Davis.

HarumScarum Fri 06-Sep-13 15:46:56

It reminds me of Gina Bellman which would put me right off. But it is a pretty name.

absentmindeddooooodles Fri 06-Sep-13 15:36:48

Really sorry I dont like it. But if its a name you like and want to use it does not matter what any of us think! smile

setti Fri 06-Sep-13 15:35:04

What do you think? SIL said trashy Italian-American sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now